people with cats...

i don't think it's a good choice.

throw away your pet is not a good thing....

I meant in addition to the one he has. This is natural behavior for a kitten, it's how they play. The only options are to wait it out and let him grow out of it or get another cat for him to play with. We had a kitten that would tear the shit out of hands, she'd bite us and scratch us till we bled. We got another kitten and they would play with each other really rough but she calmed down considerable around us. Now she's pretty much a lap cat.

this is what I was going to suggest. either you will have to get another cat for your kitty to play with or learn to deal with it until your kitty is older and calms down a bit.

also is your cat fixed because they calm down a ton after they are fixed. My kitties stopped playing so rough as soon as they were neutered. they also got fat but hey that's normal too.

i've been told that about getting another cat. the only problem is, he hates other cats. i took him over to my girlfriend's sister's place who has a 1 year old cat. our cat walked in and hissed at their cat. their cat was scared as shit. our cat was being a total asshole. i asked a vet about it, and they said some cats that go most of their young life without being around other cats, they will not want to be around other cats. the biting usually means they are accepting you into "the pack". thats all nice and all, but i'm sick of it.

I still say that another cat is possibly the answer. they will fight for a while and your cat will be a bitch and mean. it is a dominance strugle. they will both fight until one decides the other is the leader. then they will love each other and all will be okay. it took about 2 weeks of me letting my cats fight it out before they figured out who was the one in charge. after that they cuddle and kiss all the time.

however if you do this and try to stop them from fighting it out it will only take longer it is all part of nature. just remember to bring them together slowly if you do go this route it makes it a little easier of a transition. keep the new one in a carrier and let your other kitty sniff it out. then put the new one in a room by itself so it can get used to the house and your kitty can smell it through the door. then after a day put them together. it should be okay.

i think getting another kitten is prob the best way to go. of course your cat is gonna freak if you take him over to a new environment and introduce a new cat... they're very territoral and if they don't know where they are they tend to fight everything in sight.

get a new kitten and for the first few weeks there will be hisses and growls, but it'll calm down after awhile and everyone will be friends.

i'm going through this same thing right now with my cats getting use to the dog we just got... its a brutal time where everyone wants to kill

My dog did (still does, just much less) the same thing. At the obedience school they told me that you should open their mouths and pull their lips down onto their teeth. That way they know what they're doing hurts.

That's a pretty barbaric way to punish a dog, i think there are better alternatives than this. Open its mouth and pull its lips onto its teeth? C'mon..

It's hardly barbaric. You don't do it that hard. It's just to show them what their teeth feel like. It's not to punish them, it's so they learn. Get nipped at enough times, and when nothing works, you'd probably feel diffetently.

That's a pretty barbaric way to punish a dog, i think there are better alternatives than this. Open its mouth and pull its lips onto its teeth? C'mon..

It's hardly barbaric. You don't do it that hard. It's just to show them what their teeth feel like. It's not to punish them, it's so they learn. Get nipped at enough times, and when nothing works, you'd probably feel diffetently.

my mom did that to me as a kid, haha.

i was like 3 and we were in the grocery store one day and i was pissed about something and i grabbed her hand and bit her thumb. she grabbed me and bit my thumb and apparently i looked at her and was like '...ow!' and she was like 'yep, hurts doesn't it?' and i was like '...oh.' and never bit again.

sometimes animals/little kids don't realize what they're doing causes pain, so they have to experience it themselves before they learn to not do it.

i dunno if that would work with a cat though; they're pretty different from dogs and little kids lol.