Great Ebay score last night...

Guest noeffinidea

Guest noeffinidea

Sunn O))) - Black One

Sunn O))) - Grimrobe Demos

O))) Presents...Pentemple (gold/1000)

All were seperate auctions, but it only ended up being like $75 total after shipping between all three...not bad at all.

Black One on black??

While i don't really listen to Sunn that much anymore, I will never give up that record. My favourite of theirs and just so grim, I fucking love it. That's the only record of theirs I've listened to in probably the past 6 months.

Guest noeffinidea

Not sure what colors the Black One and Grimmrobe are on, the sellers didn't state that in the item description. I've been trying to put together a Sunn O))) collection for a while now and their stuff usually goes for so much money so I was happy to get any color I could.

Grimmrobe went for $28.56

Black One went for $31

Sunnnn-ohhhhhh!!!!

But seriously...I've heard that it's plain 'sun'...the 0))) is to symbolize the sound emanating from the name.

From wikipedia:

Sunn O))) (pronounced simply sun)

Sunn O))) is named after the Sunn amplifier brand, whose logo includes a circle next to the "SUNN" banner with waves heading off to the right (the band use this logo in the cover art of many releases); a literal interpretation of the logo produces "Sunn O)))".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunn_0)))

Guest drahtuos

i <3 sunn o))) and southern lord, unfortunately though i can no longer bring myself to purchase directly from them. i payed for earth's new album on nov. 3rd, have sent two polite emails after the six weeks they tell us to wait before bugging them. i have yet to receive my record or a reply to my email, they do have my money though.. i'm afraid i'll never get my record. sorry to bring up this sad story, don't want to hijack your thread. it's just whenever i see anything about sunn o))) or sl i get really down about it and feel the need to share my tale.

I celebrate their entire catalog. I am a Sunn o)))) fan.

Great score man. Glad to see other people on this board into the Grimm.

I am lucky to have gotten into them early in the game. Those White album prices have gotten out of hand. White 1 is still an awesome record. "My Wall" kicks major ass.

And I do walk upon Wan's Dyke, and do survey the land, and I did become the Reaper with my own bare hands....

So what's the deal, are you supposed to bring sleeping bags to their shows?

In all seriousness though, I'm not trying to sound like a douche or anything, I just legitimately want to know what it is people like about this music. Is there a certain mood you have to be in or what? I just tried listening to 4 of their songs and I couldn't feel it at all.

So what's the deal, are you supposed to bring sleeping bags to their shows?

In all seriousness though, I'm not trying to sound like a douche or anything, I just legitimately want to know what it is people like about this music. Is there a certain mood you have to be in or what? I just tried listening to 4 of their songs and I couldn't feel it at all.

I will admit it's an acquired taste, but just try listening to Black One really, really loud. If you don't like it, move on.

Sunn O))) - Black One

All were seperate auctions, but it only ended up being like $75 total after shipping between all three...not bad at all.

Nice finds there! Question for you.. I noticed Dove in the background, do you know where i could find floor's s/t on vinyl still? I use to have it and i dunno what happenend to it, so im lookin for another copy.

where i can order sun o))) shirt ?

http://www.allthatisheavy.com/search.asp?SearchTerm=sunn

As an aside, they also ship vinyl more carefully than anyone out there. They insert plastic corners in their mailers to avoid corner bumps and double wrap everything in bubble wrap. You pay higher shipping costs but it is worth it to have dead mint records arrive.

Guest noeffinidea
Darrell was nice enough to grab me a tour only pressing of grimm robes on triple vinyl.

its fucking intense.

i seriously need to get off my ass and post photos of my southern lord collection.

That tour version of Grimm Robe is one of the craziest packages I've ever seen, totally awesome. Can't wait to see some pics of that SL collection Alan, shit is badass.

Guest noeffinidea
Sunn O))) - Black One

Nice finds there! Question for you.. I noticed Dove in the background, do you know where i could find floor's s/t on vinyl still? I use to have it and i dunno what happenend to it, so im lookin for another copy.

Browse around Dead Format tradelists and Ebay and I'm sure you would be able to find one. I'm pretty sure the 4th press of the S/T was the final pressing, and I don't think there are plans for a repress anytime soon.