Best Band w/ the Worst Name?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest naytoid
Olehole. Love the band, but I'm embarrassed telling my friends about them because of that name.

This.

Every time my fiancée hears the band name conjoined with album name she starts laughing.

Great band nonetheless

any band with X and the begining and end of their name.

Are any of these good bands? Funny story, my friend was playing a show and was saying to stay for some band xtough guyx or something and he actually said the x's.

haha no none of those bands are good. Just really really bad names and laughable "convictions".

any band with X and the begining and end of their name.

Are any of these good bands? Funny story, my friend was playing a show and was saying to stay for some band xtough guyx or something and he actually said the x's.

there's three levels of this, bands where you need to pronounce the x(ie: X Files X)

bands where it's optional(ie: xBISHOPx)

or bands where they're already ridiculous but that just ups the ante on the silliness(ie X JUD JUD X, X ONE WAY X, etc...)

I keep meaning to check these guys out but am always hesitant because of their name.

ya coulda picked it up for $5 on Saturday too...

I remembered that after I was on my way back home and felt like a huge moron. I'll probably end up ordering it from your online store within the next week or so.

I think I cringe every time I say "Ninja Gun" and "Two Cow Garage." Like them both though. Also "Drive-By Truckers."

Well Ninja Gun is terrible because if you name your band after something you thought was funny when you were drunk, you should have your guitars taken away...I don't know the story about TCG, but that can't be two far off either....hence why I'll live in ignorance and not give those bands a chance.

DBT is on the edge of bad names, but they're so good they overcome the wishy-washy-ness of their name. IMO