Loved Ones pre-order up

Guest conoley

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

American Steel sold out over a day. About 24 hours (give or take). I know it was still up the next day. This was literally three hours. That's fucking insane. Dolly sold out fast but not nearly as fast. I remember I was working late and I checked the site at about 10pm and just sort of bought it on a whim, I honestly didn't think they'd be that popular.

This sold faster than both of those.

Honestly, I think people are seeing that lately you can make a quick buck off of Fat releases. I'd say at least 1/3 of the people who bought this have no intention of keeping it.

BTW, if you missed out on the color, that sucks, but just buy the black copy and deal with it. We all want color but a black LP is still better than a fucking CD.

Better yet, the LP comes with a CD.

It makes you wonder why people even bothered ordering the CD

Honestly, I think people are seeing that lately you can make a quick buck off of Fat releases. I'd say at least 1/3 of the people who bought this have no intention of keeping it.

BTW, if you missed out on the color, that sucks, but just buy the black copy and deal with it. We all want color but a black LP is still better than a fucking CD.

shit's fucked up, yo. i was more than happy to be able to get a copy from virgil, even if it is on black. i don't get the fuss over colour, not when it's a situation like this.

I'll just end up getting a black copy... but seriously, what fucking assholes. Who presses 318 records? It was pretty obvious to them that they could sell more than that of the colored ones and make more people happy. I'm just pissed because I've been checking the site every day, sometimes multiple times a day, for the past two weeks. And today I had something to do where I couldn't be at a computer and it sells out in the meantime.

I'll just end up getting a black copy... but seriously, what fucking assholes. Who presses 318 records? It was pretty obvious to them that they could sell more than that of the colored ones and make more people happy. I'm just pissed because I've been checking the site every day, sometimes multiple times a day, for the past two weeks. And today I had something to do where I couldn't be at a computer and it sells out in the meantime.

possibly missed it to. suck it up. i love the vinyl being limited. it holds more value for me. may have to end up shelling out $50 because of it though... i dont see the problem. get it on black.

anyways yah wow did that preorder sell out fast. wonder when strung out will sell out.

in other news someone smited me... someone be an asshole or do something amazing so i can do something with my one karma point (of the hour?).

I think I got smited 3 times an account of how much money I wanted for an item. haha.

anyways yah wow did that preorder sell out fast. wonder when strung out will sell out.

in other news someone smited me... someone be an asshole or do something amazing so i can do something with my one karma point (of the hour?).

I think I got smited 3 times an account of how much money I wanted for an item. haha.

due to lack of other amazing posts here comes karma for you!

just out of curiosity what was it and how much did you want for it?

man, I asked for $40 shipped for a Propagandhi record I already felt bad about selling. That's what I saw in recently ended BINs on eBay so that's what I asked for.

I'll probably end up just sending it to it's original intended recipient, one of my best friends. He told me to just sell it because he felt bad about flaking out on me on a road trip, sticking me with a hotel bill and gas.

man, I asked for $40 shipped for a Propagandhi record I already felt bad about selling. That's what I saw in recently ended BINs on eBay so that's what I asked for.

I'll probably end up just sending it to it's original intended recipient, one of my best friends. He told me to just sell it because he felt bad about flaking out on me on a road trip, sticking me with a hotel bill and gas.

lol i think i read that thread. you were selling something else that caught my eye (cant remember what). i dont think that warrants negative karma but it is high for the record :-*. i remember ppl overreacting. seems to happen a lot on this board...

i dont think that warrants negative karma but it is high for the record :-*. i remember ppl overreacting. seems to happen a lot on this board...

fair enough assessment. I just took a stab in the dark based on eBay. I'm not the kind of dude that pays a lot of attention to what stuff is worth. The 2 things that bugged me most were that the dude was like, "sorry, but..." and I HATE when people talk like that, and that it kind of carried an insinuation that I was trying to rip people off. I traded one guy here his white whale for basically a song!

Yeah, there are some people that overreact. On the whole I really like a lot of the people that post here. I think once people get the vibe here they kind of fall in line... it just seems like some people stand out as not 'getting it'. I still think this message board is better than most.

i dont think that warrants negative karma but it is high for the record :-*. i remember ppl overreacting. seems to happen a lot on this board...

fair enough assessment. I just took a stab in the dark based on eBay. I'm not the kind of dude that pays a lot of attention to what stuff is worth. The 2 things that bugged me most were that the dude was like, "sorry, but..." and I HATE when people talk like that, and that it kind of carried an insinuation that I was trying to rip people off. I traded one guy here his white whale for basically a song!

Yeah, there are some people that overreact. On the whole I really like a lot of the people that post here. I think once people get the vibe here they kind of fall in line... it just seems like some people stand out as not 'getting it'. I still think this message board is better than most.

NOFXWiki.net for Pres!

:P we're often just as bad. and we have a very heated debate about "what's wrong with iran". although mostly we're in it for the vinyl.

i still dont consider myself a member of this board with 350 posts... weird...

I've never checked out nofxwiki. The LAST thing I need to do is start posting on another board, haha.

or is is the first thing you need to do ;) keep in mind it has lots of sweet discographies (check out the loved ones its all my records!)

http://www.nofxwiki.net/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6619&start=0

anyways so who was suprised about the 318 colored records. personally i thought it would be closer to 500. and someone posted that they could sell more colored vinyl if they pressed more. this is very true and its weird that they dont but i like it. anyone else have an opinion?

i like it simply because im holding a more limited piece of vinyl and i like waiting for stuff to be released. it exciting if i know it will sell out fast ( i can see how it would be frustrating for collectors with 100's of records who aren't as on the ball about one band they dont really care about). hell today i tried ordering the vinyl over my phone (didnt work) and texted my sister. i think she managed to order for me about 20 mins before it sold out.

hope someone actually reads that whole post

you'd be suprised at how many people don't actually like NOFX that much (although most people like a couple albums). i think we might have more hardcore AM! fans though. a lot of decent vinyl talk although if you arent interested in NOFX or any fat bands at all you might be constrained.

only 28 matches for the search "NOFX sucks"