Is There a way to search e-bay's past auctions?

• 5 months later...
I would seriously pay a little extra a month if Ebay would start storing at least a years worth of auction history. 30 days ain't nearly enough and I think popsike is a seriously weak substitute.

i totally agree, i was thinking about writing a letter to ebay asking them to longer the amount of days that you can search back on listings. i figured they would read it but nothing would happen so i just said fuck it. maybe if enough people signed something ebay might change it someday.

I would seriously pay a little extra a month if Ebay would start storing at least a years worth of auction history. 30 days ain't nearly enough and I think popsike is a seriously weak substitute.

i totally agree, i was thinking about writing a letter to ebay asking them to longer the amount of days that you can search back on listings. i figured they would read it but nothing would happen so i just said fuck it. maybe if enough people signed something ebay might change it someday.

It takes a lot of resources to store all that data on a server that people can hit and query, also takes a lot of resources to do a search in all that data. Even extending that search another 30 days will cause huge performance hits on the servers. They do store it, trust me, they have data on every single auction ever placed on their system, auditing reasons alone, they can't delete any of that. I believe the reason it's limit to 30 days for technical resources and $$, not to hide data.

Would be cool to get a longer time frame for past searches, I do agree with that.