11x17 or 12x18 tour poster framing?

i've done all my framing at "hobby lobby" (it's a chain store, since you're from illinois i'm sure you know about them...)

they have 50 % off of parts for build-it-yourself frames ALWAYS. i don't know how that's legal to advertise as 50% off if it's never at full price, but that's another story.

so you just buy the 11" piece, then you buy the 17" piece, and go up to the framing desk and ask somebody to cut you a piece of 11x17 glass. the whole thing should cost you $16.

i've done all my framing at "hobby lobby" (it's a chain store, since you're from illinois i'm sure you know about them...)

they have 50 % off of parts for build-it-yourself frames ALWAYS. i don't know how that's legal to advertise as 50% off if it's never at full price, but that's another story.

so you just buy the 11" piece, then you buy the 17" piece, and go up to the framing desk and ask somebody to cut you a piece of 11x17 glass. the whole thing should cost you $16.

man, my bff in texas talks about hobby lobby all the time (and i even SAW the mythical store when i was there) but we don't have that here. :[

we have a.c.moores and michaels as our 'craft/hobby' stores.

Walk into Michael's Craft Store, or any hobby shop and just ask for a price on a custom frame for the poster you have. bring the poster in so they can be sure when they give you a quote. Id suggest paying a little more and getting a sweet matte around it, but that's just me.

if you're gonna mat it, you might as well just get a standard sized frame and cut the mat to fit that. saves money!

hobby lobby is a christian store.

it's funny. especially since i like alkaline trio so much, i always go in there wearing my alkaline trio shirts on purpose with upside-down crosses and i make sure to stop in one of the aisles with a bunch of huge decorative crosses and hold them upside-down pretending to figure out which would look best on my wall...

Walk into Michael's Craft Store, or any hobby shop and just ask for a price on a custom frame for the poster you have. bring the poster in so they can be sure when they give you a quote. Id suggest paying a little more and getting a sweet matte around it, but that's just me.

if you're gonna mat it, you might as well just get a standard sized frame and cut the mat to fit that. saves money!

This for sure. It will look most professional too.

psssh who needs to save money these days?

....topical.

This for sure. It will look most professional too.

yep! that's what i do with 95% of my own art i do. :]

Another plus in doing it this way is if you have more things you want framed down the road that are similar sizes (+/- a few inches) you can utilize the same standard frames. Only the matting will be different. Thus your artwork will look uniform.

sooo..... 22 x 17 frames?

something like that

You might be thinking of 18x24...I'm pretty certain Target doesn't carry non-standard sizes...

The tour posters I have bought are a bit too small for the 18x24, but I just fins a suitable color of poster board to put under the poster and that acts as a crude mat, but still looks good enough for me.

I am actually going to pick up one more frame tonight for my Murder By Death poster, so I can get these hung in my home office this weekend.