PO Chris Wollard & the Ship Thieves Finally Up

preston

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what's different from the Fest press. It used to say the Fest press was a "stripped down" version of the proper release, but I don't know what that means--packaging, production, etc?

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. Is it just a packaging or a production aspect as well, because I can live with a simple package.

Guest noeffinidea

It's the packaging only I would say. No Idea's previous Fest Presses have all been stripped down versions of packaging for the most part (i.e. Glass and Ashes, Wollard, North Lincoln), usually screenprinted covers with a #'d insert or something. However, musically and production-wise, there was nothing different on any of the albums, and I'm sure the Wollard won't be any different in that sense. With that said, the website describes the packaging for the normal version of the Wollard lp to have an elegant jacket with a two-sided 6-panel fold-out insert, so yeah...the packaging on this is gonna beat the hell outta the Fest press.

Guest noeffinidea
What is Glass and Ashes like?

Amazingness. Unfortunately they're not together anymore. But they kinda sound like True North and Young Livers thrown in a blender. Coincidentally, Mike who played bass and sang in Glass and Ashes, is now bassist/singer of Young Livers.

Damn, you guys were slow to catch this one today, haha! Longer than 3 seconds is unusual!

Same music, different packaging. 4 vinyl colors.

11"x33" insert (when you open it all the way). All of the CD art is included... a LOT larger, haha! The CD will be very nice too. Go figure!

(We will not be posting #s until they are gone. Suffice it to say that none are 10 copies and none are 1,000 copies. Pick your favorite.)

What is Glass and Ashes like?

Amazingness. Unfortunately they're not together anymore. But they kinda sound like True North and Young Livers thrown in a blender. Coincidentally, Mike who played bass and sang in Glass and Ashes, is now bassist/singer of Young Livers.

GLASS AND ASHES actually may be doing a couple short tours. One may be in Europe. Nothing in stone yet. But it's worth holding out hope for!

GLASS AND ASHES actually may be doing a couple short tours. One may be in Europe. Nothing in stone yet. But it's worth holding out hope for!

This is great news. I just got into Glass and Ashes right after the S/T came out and it's one of my favorite albums, but I never got to see them.

Hey Var, I know you're not posting colors, but can you say what the colors are? I'm a big fan of indigo.

NIR 248 - CHRIS WOLLARD & THE SHIP THIEVES "Chris Wollard & The Ship Thieves" LP/CD

1st Pressing: Orange, Coke Bottle Clear, 180 Gram Red, 180 Gram Blue

These are on the way. We will NOT be posting #s until later on.

I was hoping this and the Hawks and Doves LP would both be posted for pre-order on the same day. Oh well.

I picked up a 180 gram. I'm really stoked.

Ahhh, but the H&D LP has not even been finished yet, haha. There are still many tracks to lay down, cross country. (You should be more worried about the NORTH LINCOLN LP for now. We have test pressings of that, haha!)

I was hoping this and the Hawks and Doves LP would both be posted for pre-order on the same day. Oh well.

I picked up a 180 gram. I'm really stoked.

Ahhh, but the H&D LP has not even been finished yet, haha. There are still many tracks to lay down, cross country. (You should be more worried about the NORTH LINCOLN LP for now. We have test pressings of that, haha!)

Well then! thanks for the heads up, Var!