Record skipping problem

Real helpful answers, guys!

/sarcasm

It could be a few things. First, make sure to always clean the dust off your records using an anti-static brush. Secondly, you might need to adjust the tonearm weight so there is a bit more weight behind the needle. There are plenty of tutorials for this on google so give it a search.

Give them a go and see if it works.

Real helpful answers, guys!

/sarcasm

It could be a few things. First, make sure to always clean the dust off your records using an anti-static brush. Secondly, you might need to adjust the tonearm weight so there is a bit more weight behind the needle. There are plenty of tutorials for this on google so give it a search.

Give them a go and see if it works.

Oh! Static, I bet thats it. I'll have to get one of those. A lot of my records have static problems.

The first thing you want to check is that your table is level. The best thing to do is to get a spirit level, which is a circular bubble level. If you don't have one, or can't find one, a regular, small level will work. You just need to make sure you level it from side to side, front to back, and corner to corner.

You want to do this before attempting to change your tracking force, or anything else for that matter. The odds are your turntable isn't that great and doesn't allow you to set the tracking force anyway.

Also, make sure the anti-skate mechanism is properly set.

The turntable I have is not the best, it's just the easiest one to get to college and back, my good one is at my house. However all my other records are working fine with absolutely no problems. I was listening to one before the Kanye record and it worked fine and I'm listening to a Slick Shoes record I got today and it's working fine too.

Not skipping, but i also have a problem...

I bought a used LP the other day the the center hole (whatever the fuck you call it) is a tab to big and it cause the record to sound like a pile of shit. anything you can do to correct this problem?

Depends on how big the hole is and how expensive your player is. I have a record (Whitesnake - Live In The Heart Of The City) with a slightly bigger whole, and it doesn't sit centered, so i wrap the spindle in one layer of electrical tape, fixes the problem and doesn't leave residue. probably wouldn't do it if i had a good set up though.

When i first had this problem i got a recommendation from dude in the pub (All vinyl classic rock DJ) about filling the hole with candle wax and, using another record as a template, re cut the hole using a drill bit. I guess it just depends how brave you are!

I'm having a problem too. All my records are working fine except Kanye West-College Dropout. I just bought it from VC and took it out of the wrapper and it's skipping so bad. I tried other records I got in the mail today and all of them are fine. Should I just email VC or is there a way to fix this?

The record might be slightly warped, if it is but nothing that noticeable try putting a little weight over the needle, I will probably get shot for saying this but when i have a warped record i just place a penny over the needle, it gives it just enough weight to stay in the grooves.

This is what i do, its not a 100% solid solution, if you screw up your vinyl or needle its not my fault! I am not liable for any damage... blah blah blah you get the picture.