Goddamn Post Office

Mike kindly sent me another one, it came today and it looks like the same letter carrier did the same thing with it before they delivered it. I'm extremely bummed out, but I guess the African gods are trying to tell me to stop collecting this album. Second time around, the record itself is fine, I just would like a brand new record to be in brand new condition (packaging included).

Like I said, get over it. Seriously, every other thread on this forum is "The post office is bad", "which No Idea variant is this", or someone trying to disguise a brag post about them finding a rare LP for cheap by saying "Awesome Vinyl Scores". If you can't handle being criticized, don't be so damn lame.

Mike kindly sent me another one, it came today and it looks like the same letter carrier did the same thing with it before they delivered it. I'm extremely bummed out, but I guess the African gods are trying to tell me to stop collecting this album. Second time around, the record itself is fine, I just would like a brand new record to be in brand new condition (packaging included).

Like I said, get over it. Seriously, every other thread on this forum is "The post office is bad", "which No Idea variant is this", or someone trying to disguise a brag post about them finding a rare LP for cheap by saying "Awesome Vinyl Scores". If you can't handle being criticized, don't be so damn lame.

Why do you come here? Do you not get enough attention IRL?

To show us how much cooler he is than us. (It is VERY MUCH COOLER if you didn't notice).

I just would like a brand new record to be in brand new condition (packaging included).

I just would like a brand new record to be in brand new condition (packaging included).

This is the point.

FOD.

To show us how much cooler he is than us. (It is VERY VERY MUCH EXTREMELY COOLER if you didn't notice).

fixed. I buy records to put them on my turn table and have sound come out of my speakers. I don't buy them to line up 15 of one record and take pictures.

Mods, What has to happen before you can ban someone from the board?

I can't immagine anything being considered ban worthy by the people who run this board. I have done everything. Insulted ethnic groups, made fun of the gaslight anthem and its fans, made fun of variant collectors, Alkaline Trio, I even started a thread calling for my own banning. NOTHING!

• 6 months later...

When this happens, I blame the sender. You have to assume the worst is going to happen when mailing a record and bend-proof the box. Double, triple sturdy cardboard inside the box. The Asianman box looks like this flimsy turd of a box that came in my mail last week with the record so bent up that it was unplayable.

When I got my Dear Landlord order the mailer was destroyed, it looks like they played a game of flag football with it at the post office, then poured a bucket of old dirty water on it.

The shirt smelt like shit, seriously 3 washes and it still smells, record was warped and not playable on the B side.

When the kid at the post office had me come and pick it up he goes "I hope its insured"

Ordered a second one, came just as worse, just not smelly.

a few months ago i pre-ordered that one traffic street records pre-order deal (with the rumspringer 10", ajj/apocalypse meow 7", etc. etc). i checked the mail everyday and pretty much waited all summer for that order to come in, but nothing every arrived.

then i e-mailed traffic street about it, he gave me the tracking number, said it arrived at the post office back in june. so i went back to the post office, gave 'em the tracking number and they confirmed that it arrived in june.

turns out they pretty much gave the package to the wrong person. they put it one of those bigger boxes, where they give you a key for it. but they goofed up and put the key in someone else's box and so that person ended up taking the package.

that was a huge bummer to find out, especially after all that waiting/anticipation. that's the only post office horror story i've experienced so far. haha.

/rant

a few months ago i pre-ordered that one traffic street records pre-order deal (with the rumspringer 10", ajj/apocalypse meow 7", etc. etc). i checked the mail everyday and pretty much waited all summer for that order to come in, but nothing every arrived.

then i e-mailed traffic street about it, he gave me the tracking number, said it arrived at the post office back in june. so i went back to the post office, gave 'em the tracking number and they confirmed that it arrived in june.

turns out they pretty much gave the package to the wrong person. they put it one of those bigger boxes, where they give you a key for it. but they goofed up and put the key in someone else's box and so that person ended up taking the package.

that was a huge bummer to find out, especially after all that waiting/anticipation. that's the only post office horror story i've experienced so far. haha.

/rant

I just moved and go this key bigger box thing, took me an hour to figure it out, I hope it works