how are you supposed to deal with a broken heart?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a few dvd's that I was going to sell but they really aren't worth shit in the first place. I figured I would just randomly give them out to people that helped me in this thread. So I'll randomly pick a person at a time and PM you to find out what movie you want. They aren't anything great but it would make me feel good for giving out a little thank you, I mean you guys have really helped.

i'm sure she doesn't right now, but one day your ex-gf is going to realize how great of a guy you are.

as a guy, you see it a lot: a really great girl stuck in a shitty relationship with a guy that takes her for granted or treats her like shit. but the opposite happens, too, and you're proof of that.

you deserve somebody better than her. go find that somebody.

i'm sure she doesn't right now, but one day your ex-gf is going to realize how great of a guy you are.

as a guy, you see it a lot: a really great girl stuck in a shitty relationship with a guy that takes her for granted or treats her like shit. but the opposite happens, too, and you're proof of that.

you deserve somebody better than her. go find that somebody.

she's definitely gonna come crawling back because she obviously made a big mistake, but you deserve better than her, so dont get back with her!

I'm really sorry about what happened to you man, i know how bad this shit sucks, believe me. This is my input and you can choose to do what you want with it.

My first thought, is that her last boyfriend who she was dating for 2 years probably felt the exact same way you do now when she broke up with him for you.

You shouldn't have had to change your life so drastically for her if she really cared about you, but thats just my opinion based on the small amount of information i know from your post.

If i have any advice that i think you NEED to listen to it's this. I know for a fact she's going to try and come back to you, and you CANT CANT CANT get back with her. If she broke up with you twice now, and you just automatically get back with she's going to do it agian, i can almost guarantee it. She'll know she has you no matter what she does and she'll take full advantage of it. Whenever she doesn't want to be with you, for whatever BULLSHIT reason she has, whether she's upset or it's another guy, she's going to know she can come back to you when things go bad or she needs a safety net, and that is all you'll be.

Once it's over once, it's never going to go back to the way it was, even if it seems like it at first, it won't. If she was the one for you, and really cared for you like you do her, she would have NEVER have done this in the first place. Especially after all that you sacrificed for her. Believe me, she'l realize it sooner or later, but DO NOT GET BACK WITH HER. You need to pick your head up and move on, as hard as that sounds right now. Things will get better, even if it takes a while, and you will find someone who treats you right and feels the same to you as you do her.

Stay strong, get on with your life, you don't need her, and make sure you show that, or i promise you she will do this again and again and its going to get worse and worse.

I know how horrible you feel right now, but it has to get worse before it gets better. Occupy yourself as best as you can, DO NOT sulk in your room. Get rid of everything she gave you or you'll keep seeing them and looking at them and she will never leave your head.

It's funny because i know exactly how you feel, the exact same thing happened to me. I did everything i could and she dumped me, and i made AAAALLLLL the mistakes im telling you not to do, and i was so crushed for waaaay longer than i should have been.

I hope my advice doesnt seem pessimistic or makes you upset, just sharing my knowledge, take it or leave it. No matter what good luck and i hope everytihng works out for you.

backed.

5 years ago i met this girl. we had a relationship for 7 months and then she broke up with me, my heart was broken. for a long period i didnt mess around with girls, while there were a lot of occasions in which i could. we occasionally had contact but it was heavy. she actually had started dating her best friend and giving me mixed signals.

anyways, after playing games for 1,5 year i "gave in", she wanted me badly and i was still in love with her and took her back. we stayed together for another 2 years and broke up in late 2007.

we had our times, ups and downs and this was the closest thing to love i'll probably ever get. i still care for her as a person but now i can finally see that i was never able to give us a real second chance. things had happened, we had a past and we always carried that with us.

I want her back so bad but I really hope she doesn't come back. I'm starting to realize that I always gave and never received. If she came back I know I would end up taking her again even though I know I shouldn't.

why ask for advice then if you're going to ignore ALL of it?

believe me dude, I don't want to give in. I just don't know what I would do If I was sitting there staring the question in the face. I want to be able to say no. If she were to come back today I would probably give in. Hopefully if she comes back it won't be for a few days because I'll have gotten over it more.

I have a quick question. Am I within my right to call her today and ask her when she's picking up her shit? It's been almost a week since she broke up with me and having her crap here is not helping me move on at all.

I say if it's of major value mail that shit back with no contact. If it's little things like records, movies etc etc I say keep what you want and ebay the rest of the shit. I'm terrible like that haha

<3 Erik

Wow, sorry I'm so late on this one man. I'm really sorry this shit happened to you. I had a girlfriend for about 1 1/2 years and when we broke up it was just awful. Everyone in here knows what they're talking about when they say "stay busy". It's the best thing you can do. I was in school at the time and living near where she was going to school. She practically lived with me and it was so hard to be in that apartment. I went and stayed with my parents for almost a week because I was just a wreck. Then after a little while, anything she hadn't taken back that reminded me of her, I hid or threw out (Okay, okay, maybe I kept the desk lamp.) I kept a couple of pictures, but went and put them in my parent's basement. Most things though, just got thrown out. I made myself move on and just kept playing music, cooking, listening to music, etc. Do what feels right, and if you do something that doesn't, stop doing it.

Also, you absolutely have the right to call her and tell her to get her stuff. I'm not one to go so far as to sell someone else's stuff, but I would find some sort of twisted pride in calling and telling her to come get her shit because I needed to move on and it was in the way. Maybe that's just because I don't think my ex wanted me to ever get over her.

you absolutely have the right to call her and tell her to come pick up her shit, but DO NOT tell her that you need it gone because you need to get over her. she's purposely letting it sit there so you drive yourself crazy, and if she knows that it's working and that it's really bothering you, she's just going to keep playing games with you.

tell her that you got a new roommate that's moving in, tell her you're putting a drum set in the place, tell her anything... just don't tell her "i need you to come pick up your stuff because i can't get over you with it all sitting here."

and if you really want to pay her back, when you call her (whether she answers or not) tell her that the next afternoon her shit it going to be all packed up and waiting for her... outside.

Wow, sorry I'm so late on this one man. I'm really sorry this shit happened to you. I had a girlfriend for about 1 1/2 years and when we broke up it was just awful. Everyone in here knows what they're talking about when they say "stay busy". It's the best thing you can do. I was in school at the time and living near where she was going to school. She practically lived with me and it was so hard to be in that apartment. I went and stayed with my parents for almost a week because I was just a wreck. Then after a little while, anything she hadn't taken back that reminded me of her, I hid or threw out (Okay, okay, maybe I kept the desk lamp.) I kept a couple of pictures, but went and put them in my parent's basement. Most things though, just got thrown out. I made myself move on and just kept playing music, cooking, listening to music, etc. Do what feels right, and if you do something that doesn't, stop doing it.

Also, you absolutely have the right to call her and tell her to get her stuff. I'm not one to go so far as to sell someone else's stuff, but I would find some sort of twisted pride in calling and telling her to come get her shit because I needed to move on and it was in the way. Maybe that's just because I don't think my ex wanted me to ever get over her.

Thanks dude, it's rough. I'm just trying to get through it all. I've been talking to a lot of girls lately, I know I'm not ready for another relationship but I just want someone to make me feel like I'm worth a damn.

Thanks dude, it's rough. I'm just trying to get through it all. I've been talking to a lot of girls lately, I know I'm not ready for another relationship but I just want someone to make me feel like I'm worth a damn.

Hanging around with other girl when your not quite moved on yet can turn into a very ugly thing. Just keep busy man and take up a hobby, I would personally leave the shit outside for her to pick up. Letting her in gives her the opportunity to talk which will lead you to relapse.

you absolutely have the right to call her and tell her to come pick up her shit, but DO NOT tell her that you need it gone because you need to get over her. she's purposely letting it sit there so you drive yourself crazy, and if she knows that it's working and that it's really bothering you, she's just going to keep playing games with you.

tell her that you got a new roommate that's moving in, tell her you're putting a drum set in the place, tell her anything... just don't tell her "i need you to come pick up your stuff because i can't get over you with it all sitting here."

and if you really want to pay her back, when you call her (whether she answers or not) tell her that the next afternoon her shit it going to be all packed up and waiting for her... outside.

listen to this guy

Guest falloutcollapse

Dude, you are worth a damn. You're worth a lot of damns, in my opinion. Any girl would probably be super lucky to be with you, you seem like a stellar guy. Ride your bike more, keep the wallet and the phone and all that shit inside, and just go as far as you can. Enjoy the world beyond the screen, whether it's a TV screen or computer screen or even a windshield. That always helps me feel better, anyway.

so I texted her asking her to call me so I can figure out when she's getting her shit out of here and she responded with "nich, I can't talk to you on the phone right now it would hurt to much. let me know a day when you won't be there and I'll come pick up my shit, I just can't see you. I'll break down"

after reading that I was just pissed. I know its unfair but I'm just so angry that shes acting hurt. This is all her doing, she crushed me how the fuck can she act like this is killing her?

fact: girls are manipulative bitches.

tell her that tomorrow is as good a day as any to come get her shit. it's been long enough. leave it out in the hall for her at a specified time, that way neither of you have to deal with each other.

trust me.

I told her to come pick it up tomorrow. She still has apartment keys so I told her I would leave and she can tell me when shes gone and to leave the keys. I can't pack up her shit, thats just a whole nother world of hurt I'm not ready to go through.

packing up her stuff for her would of course be hard, but it would also be a really good opportunity for you to bring closure to the situation and begin the healing process.

but if you have things figured out then that's good enough. stay strong today, and do something REALLY awesome tomorrow during the day to keep your mind off things.