Detournement 7" on Chunksaah/PiratesPress

A short, fast, loud approach to songwriting, politically pointed lyrics, and an abrasive delivery, Detournement's debut release, "Screaming Response", is a furious and scalding critique of a collapsing economic system, a battle-cry to define and organize the struggle, and a hardcore-punk record that sounds as if the genre was being discovered for the first time.

Features members of Lifetime, Bigwig, Ensign, Plan A Project, and Worthless United.

[image]

Unique printed and case-wrapped sandpaper jacket, matching vinyl color, and 12 page booklet.

TRACK LISTING:

Side One:

1. Focus...Explosion!

2. Stand Firm

3. Men and Maggots

4. No Están Solos

Side Two:

5. The Dead Man Cries For Vengeance

6. Stranglehold U.S.A.

7. The Power Is Ours

8. Odessa

PRESSING INFO:

Grey Version: 190 pcs available from Chunksaah Records

Yellow Version: 195 pcs available from Pirates Press Records

Black Version: 85 pcs available at Detournement shows.

www.DetournementOnline.com

www.Chunksaah.com

www.PiratesPressRecords.com

hey zak, did you get my e-mail about the tour 7"?

yeah, sorry man...the black version will only be available (for now at least) at our shows. hit me up in a month or so and if we still have any we can work it out.

okay thats cool.

someone going to a detournement show, PM me so I can pay you for a 7" just to be on the safe side. or zak, since the show is sold out at the lanes, i can always just maybe meet you guys outside of the show before it starts and buy one if thats cool.

yeah, sorry man...the black version will only be available (for now at least) at our shows. hit me up in a month or so and if we still have any we can work it out.

okay thats cool.

someone going to a detournement show, PM me so I can pay you for a 7" just to be on the safe side. or zak, since the show is sold out at the lanes, i can always just maybe meet you guys outside of the show before it starts and buy one if thats cool.

yeah sure. maybe someone at the lanes will let you run in and buy one. if not maybe you can find another way to get a hold of one of us.

Which members of Bigwig and Lifetime?

Detournement is:

Zak Kaplan – Vocals (Worthless United / The Ratchets)

Tom Petta – Guitar (Bigwig)

Scott Golley – Drums (Lifeitme)

Nate Gluck – Guitar (Ensign / The Fire Still Burns / Vision)

Dan Desimoni – Bass (Plan A Project / The Ratchets)

ha! crazy...I didn't know Danny was in the Ratchets...had I known that I probably would have bought their record...weird that the PP site doesn't mention that detail.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
it's a drag that they wont be playing the Buffalo date.

You're telling me!

I was so stoked, then not stoked at all.

i know...i wish we were playing and the souls were trying to get us to keep going with them but individually we all have too much other shit going on. but anyway...i left some of the "band" copies of the 7" with mattscara (souls merch dude) and told him there might be a couple kids in buffalo and elsewhere who might be interested in getting their hands on a copy so if you don't see it on the table and you are interested just ask him about it.

You're telling me!

I was so stoked, then not stoked at all.

i know...i wish we were playing and the souls were trying to get us to keep going with them but individually we all have too much other shit going on. but anyway...i left some of the "band" copies of the 7" with mattscara (souls merch dude) and told him there might be a couple kids in buffalo and elsewhere who might be interested in getting their hands on a copy so if you don't see it on the table and you are interested just ask him about it.

Thanks!