Sit Down, Shut Up...

I didn't like this one bit. With the cast and the creator, this seemed like it would be an instant homerun for me. I watched up until the last commercial break and skipped the last few minutes...I didn't think it was funny and I thought they were trying too hard to be tongue-in-cheek and it turned out being obvious.

I think that kind of happens with pilots, though. They're usually more concerned with jamming in a ton of characters than really developing them. To be honest (and probably blasphemous) I didn't like the pilot for Arrested D and it turned out to be my favorite show, ever. I especially hated GOB, but he turned out to be one of my favorite characters. I think SD, SU has a real long way to go, but I liked the quick pace and the voice cast. That said, I think the characters are all (at this point) one-dimensional stereotypes, so it will take a ton of work to undo that mess. We'll see.

I think that kind of happens with pilots, though. They're usually more concerned with jamming in a ton of characters than really developing them. To be honest (and probably blasphemous) I didn't like the pilot for Arrested D and it turned out to be my favorite show, ever. I especially hated GOB, but he turned out to be one of my favorite characters. I think SD, SU has a real long way to go, but I liked the quick pace and the voice cast. That said, I think the characters are all (at this point) one-dimensional stereotypes, so it will take a ton of work to undo that mess. We'll see.

I'll try it again and hope for the best. I'm pretty captive at that point because it airs between Simpsons and Family Guy. I agree that it seems like they tried to cram alot into the first episode.

i was pretty let down. i really, really wanted to like it and i just didn't. i thought it was kind of a trainwreck. all of that nonsense with the catchphrases was so unnecessary. i mean, if even one of the catchphrases had been funny, it'd have been something, but not a single one even got a smile out of me. why didn't they just cut that whole bit?