usps.com is a complete waste of time

usually i can guess pretty close. I mailed a 10" in an lp mailer today and with the correct packaging materials its just under a pound. And sometimes ill use the scale at work.

Im trying to ship to the netherlands for a decent price with insurance but i can ship it for half the price with no insurance. I've never had a problem with stuff getting lost or damaged but I dont want to be out the money should that occur.

also I wish there was good information on the whole tax system other countries have set up when they receive mail from elsewhere.

Guest kevinb

usps.com is fucked up even if you do have the correct weight and dimentions it still fucks up on certain things like say for example if you are mailing something 10 oz or under or some crap like that it is cheaper to ship priority than media yet they still over charge.... And obiously the whole shipping over sea's thing is fucked

Also, their tracking function is completely useless... I alwyas get a tracking number when I order from VC and not once did the USPS have any info on it except that it's been confirmed. Not that I've had any problems with VC, but it would be nice if this tracking service actually worked.