mac people

yeah. this is the shittiest situation.

i literally can't listen to music.

this dudes auxiliary cable snapped and half of it is still in the jack.

so i can't get my headphones in there, but the computer thinks there's some in there so it won't play out the speakers.

i don't even have an ipod or anything.

so lame.

if it was me, i would get a small nail, one small enough that the flat side of the nail that you would hit with the hammer will fit into the jack

then i would put a small amount of krazy glue, or something similar, on the flat part, then hold it up to the broken piece till it held

then pull away, gently

don't know if that will work but, aside from replacing the entire jack, seems to be the most logical way

oh, and if this does work, it's because i'm a pc, and thats how we roll!

I'd rather get punched in the dick a couple of times than have to go to the Mac store! The one around here is awful.
My Mac Store has always been very helpful. My MacBook Pro is of the first generation, the kind with the overheating battery-bulging problem. I took my battery in to swap out in lieu of the recall and was about to drop $80 on a new power adapter (mine had a short in it) and the guy helping me said to bring in my adapter and he'd give me a new one free. True story. I also had to have some in-warranty repairs done on the MacBook Pro early in her life span and AppleCare was very speedy and nice to deal with. Don't know what all the fuss is about Apple customer service. I must be a lucky one.

But uh...I'd probably modify the nail-super glue solution by switching the nail for a toothpick. Cut off one of the pointy ends of the tooth pick with scissors, dab a little super glue on there, stick it in the jack and wait for it to set. Then try and pull it out. If that yields no results, your best bet is probably to take it to a Mac store.

Guest drahtuos

i have this friend and he loves his mac products. i love my ipod. and i love you kidamnesiac. actually i don't have a friend who loves mac products. oh and hey kidamnesiac, i found a grizzly bear - live on KCRW 7" for you today.