Waits "Orphans" to get Vinyl Treatment!!

From Anti's site:

http://www.anti.com/news/index/607/TOM_WAITS_GOES_GOLD_WITH_ORPHANS_BRAWLERS_BAWLERS_BASTARDS

TOM WAITS GOES GOLD WITH 'ORPHANS: BRAWLERS, BAWLERS & BASTARDS'

Wednesday March 11, 2009

VINYL VERSION TO BE RELEASED SOON;

CURRENTLY FILMING 'THE BOOK OF ELI' WITH DENZEL WASHINGTON AND GARY OLDMAN; AND TOM HAS BEGUN WRITING FOR NEW CD

TOM WAITS latest 3 CD set - Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards - has been certified gold by the RIAA® and will be released on vinyl by Anti- Records in the not-too-distant future. He has also collaborated with Kool Keith on N.A.S.A.'s recently released The Spirit of Apollo, which also features such diverse artists as David Byrne, Karen O and Ol' Dirty Bastard. As for new material, Waits and his long time collaborator and wife, Kathleen Brennan, have begun writing new songs, which they plan to record this summer for an upcoming CD. (No release date at this time.)

Of Orphans, Bill Flanagan stated on CBS SUNDAY MORNING: "No contemporary musician embodies the twin virtues of elegance and piracy better than Tom Waits. He is a gravel-voiced poet, the Edward Hopper of rock n' roll." Elsewhere in MOJO, the preeminent music magazine of the UK, declared: "Mojo Instant Classic..Masterpiece isn't the right word for such a profusion of profound delights...exhibition is better…With his unfussy brushstrokes, umber hues, and humanely honest delight in warts and all, he is the Rembrandt of modern music." […]

You're spot on. It's 6, 180g lps, that I know for sure...not sure on the price though.

How do you know this? Fill me in.

Well, it's going to have to be at least 6xLP. As for the weight it's become the standard on bigger acts like this.

I'm guessing they pass on any sort of outlandish packaging and it stays around $120.

Who can I ask nicely? I will definitely say please.

I have no idea anymore, I know they made a few changes to people and their department. When I was there, I was one of like 2 people who was actually into vinyl/collecting, so whenever test presses came through and the product managers didn't have time to listen to them, I'd get a copy to give the ok.