Moving This Weekend

matt

the place i live now is actually the longest ive lived in a place since i was 18

you'd think id be used to this by now

2002 - riverside to fullerton (4 months in the dorm)

2003 - fullerton to riverside (6 months back at the parents)

2003 - riverside to moreno valley (9 months house with shitty roommates)

2004 - moreno valley to riverside (11 months, apt by myself)

2005 - riverside to riverside (11 months, condo with a friend)

2006 - riverside to orange (8 months)

2007 - orange to yorba linda (14 months)

2009 - yorba linda to aneheim hills (???)

I'm also moving this weekend. Similarly, I also just started packing! I'm throwing a lot of shit in storage and giving some stuff away. I'm moving to California from Florida, and I'm driving across the country by myself. I've got no set time frame to be there, so I'm going to do a hell of a lot of sightseeing. I'm only bringing my records, record player, 2 guitars and 2 basses and some clothes. Should be quite an experience. Any suggestions on what to see or do are welcome.

Have fun, man.

Small area near Sacramento called Pine Grove. I'm biding my time until August, which is when I'm moving to Glendale (I think it's Glendale) with two friends who are currently finishing up their degrees here.

I'm moving out there ahead of time because my lease here is up and I'm not looking into signing another lease. I'm only waiting a few months for them to get there. I've got family in the area, and it's a cheap place to stay for now!

im not terribly familiar with sacramento anymore. my grandparents lived in carmichael for the majority of my life but moved about 6 years ago and i haven't been back there since. honestly, i haven't heard of pine grove but it seems like it would be like a suburb of sacramento like elk grove?

glendale is going to be next to burbank and pasadena. again, i don't know much about the place besides its abundant armenian population. get your drakkar. there are a couple dudes on this board who are from burbank/glendale.

either way, cross country move should be a hell of a drive.

im only moving like 5 miles up from where i live but im still dreading it.

Haha, yeah. I'm actually looking forward to it. Since I have no time set to be there, I'm planning to head up the east coast first and see the places I've never seen, and then cross over through the country.

I was actually born in Berkeley, but I haven't been back in probably 5 or 6 years. I'm not really familiar with Sacramento or the surrounding area myself, but having family there should make it easier. I've got a cousin who is into the music scene, so I might find a band I can kick it with for awhile. I've lived in Florida for the past 15 years, and I'm ready to move on.

Also, a move is a move, man. It's always a pain in the ass.

I'm moving in 4 weeks from CA to CO. So tired of moving, but this should be the second to last time for a while... which is nice, since it's happened once a year for six years.

2000: Cerritos to Fullerton

2003: Fullerton to Irvine

2004: Irvine to Long Beach

2005: Long Beach to Torrance

2006: Torrance to Redondo Beach

2007: Redondo Beach to Irvine

2008: Irvine to Long Beach

2009: Long Beach to Denver, CO

Haha, yeah. I'm actually looking forward to it. Since I have no time set to be there, I'm planning to head up the east coast first and see the places I've never seen, and then cross over through the country.

I was actually born in Berkeley, but I haven't been back in probably 5 or 6 years. I'm not really familiar with Sacramento or the surrounding area myself, but having family there should make it easier. I've got a cousin who is into the music scene, so I might find a band I can kick it with for awhile. I've lived in Florida for the past 15 years, and I'm ready to move on.

Also, a move is a move, man. It's always a pain in the ass.

If you visit Philly and need a place to crash let me know - I've got plennnnnnty of room. Plus secure parking for yr guitars.

Small area near Sacramento called Pine Grove. I'm biding my time until August, which is when I'm moving to Glendale (I think it's Glendale) with two friends who are currently finishing up their degrees here.

I'm moving out there ahead of time because my lease here is up and I'm not looking into signing another lease. I'm only waiting a few months for them to get there. I've got family in the area, and it's a cheap place to stay for now!

If you mean Glendale CA, I live there. You'll like it but note that Armenians in this town tend to stare at you endlessly and call you friend even if they dont know you....and they like to skip red lights and cut people off on the road.

-juliO!

If you visit Philly and need a place to crash let me know - I've got plennnnnnty of room. Plus secure parking for yr guitars.

Thanks for the offer, man. That's awesome of you, and I just may take you up on it. It kind of sucks to have to worry about leaving all of your most important belongings in a car.

If you mean Glendale CA, I live there. You'll like it but note that Armenians in this town tend to stare at you endlessly and call you friend even if they dont know you....and they like to skip red lights and cut people off on the road.

Haha, noted. I'm used to awful drivers and people staring me down. I think I can get used to unfamiliar faces calling me friend. Good to hear I'll probably like it.