PO: KAY KAY & HIS WEATHERED UNDERGROUND S/T dbl LP

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

KAY KAY AND HIS WEATHERED UNDERGROUND "S/T" dbl LP frosty translucent blue vinyl

KAY KAY AND HIS WEATHERED UNDERGROUND "S/T" CD

KAY KAY AND HIS WEATHERED UNDERGROUND "S/T" dbl LP frosty translucent blue vinyl w/ CD and poster

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&sku=sh065

Kay Kay and His Weathered Underground are one of the best kept secrets in independent music (at least for right now). I feel so damn lucky that the band and their management took a chance on us to let us put this out on vinyl early last year. The band have continued to do great things ever since we started working with them; they have played a ton of big festivals in the Northwest, did a tour with Rx Bandits and Portugal the Man, and this summer will be doing a tour with MeWithOutYou and Dear Hunter. We have had requests over the past year to release this album on CD and although the band was ok with the release being only available on vinyl initially, they agreed that this would be a good idea.

The artwork for this re-release has been updated. For the vinyl, instead of having the gatefold contain the lyrics, Ralph has put together on absolutely bad ass collage and now the lyrics are contained in a full color insert. The CD packaging will go on record as one of the most elaborate of our history. We are calling it a Special edition, custom French Door digipack w/ fold out poster and lyric sheet. The cover art actually opens down the middle much like a set of french doors and underneath the CD tray is a pocket that has a fold out poster on one side and lyrics on the other side.

We are offering 50 sets that include the double LP, the CD, and a full color poster which ends up being the best deal. Remember that we still have some of their "Diggin" 7" on both colors and we have a handful of their first press left (around 40 copies).

This is an absolutely amazing album. check out some tracks to stream on their Last.fm site, here http://www.last.fm/music/Kay+Kay+and+His+Weathered+Underground .

Check out some of the art (for much larger art, go to the VC blog post):

[image]

Gatefold Collage (for dbl LP and CD)

[image]

fold out poster for digipack

[image]

French Door digipak expanded

Guest markovianprocess

So glad to hear that All In Vinyl in the UK are looking to get copies of this in. Such a beautiful physical package, can't wait to hear the rest of the record.

Guest Admin
Oh, can't wait to get this! I already got a complete Kay Kay collection, but...

This is really sweet, the artwork is so sick!

Is 'Sword and Sorcery' on the CD as well?

and when are these gonna' be sent out?

the CD has the same tracklisting as the vinyl, it was mastered differently is all

Guest Admin
where is "Sword and Sorcery" from?

haha, what do you mean?

it's the last track on the Kay Kay record..

the copy of the album I have in my library has different names for all the tracks. I don't usually care about track names.

and shit, just realized that sword and sorcery won't be on the CD. Sorry friends.

haha, what do you mean?

it's the last track on the Kay Kay record..

the copy of the album I have in my library has different names for all the tracks. I don't usually care about track names.

and shit, just realized that sword and sorcery won't be on the CD. Sorry friends.

oh, alright!

and that fuckin' sucks, but at least i still have my vinyl rip.

• 2 weeks later...