buying records from amazon

yeah, i have gotten a few order confirmations that say cd despite being listed in the vinyl section, so i have had to cancel them really quick.

I have also tried emailing people asking if it was vinyl or a cd and gotten responses like "i dont know"

Sellers on amazon are way dumber than those on ebay.

but i have gotten some good deals from amazon so its worth browisng

yeah, i have gotten a few order confirmations that say cd despite being listed in the vinyl section, so i have had to cancel them really quick.

I have also tried emailing people asking if it was vinyl or a cd and gotten responses like "i dont know"

yeah i emailed the dude. havent heard back yet.

If you're ordering a used record from a marketplace seller, prepare to be fucked. I got a record that looked like it went through the laundry... he had listed the condition as "Like New." Plus he shipped it in a used bubble mailer with no cardboard. Luckily, Amazon doesn't fuck around with returns- they make sure everyone offers them.

wow, that is the dumbest response I've ever heard.

i've gotten a cd from amazon marketplace but that's up to the stupid individual seller i dealt with.

but if it's LP in the description and you get from amazon, you should be fine, aside from getting the record in a ridiculously big box.

Quoted on both counts. Also agreed that Amazon sellers are stupid. When I bought Potemkin City Limits I emailed the seller to be sure it was an LP and the person says "IT SAYS ALBUM IN THE LISTING." like that clears it up. I did get an LP that time, but another time a seller listed Midwestern Songs as an LP and I got a CD. He did let me keep the CD and refunded my money. And everytime I get an LP from Amazon it comes in a box big enough to ship a cadaver.

i've gotten a cd from amazon marketplace but that's up to the stupid individual seller i dealt with.

but if it's LP in the description and you get from amazon, you should be fine, aside from getting the record in a ridiculously big box.

Quoted on both counts. Also agreed that Amazon sellers are stupid. When I bought Potemkin City Limits I emailed the seller to be sure it was an LP and the person says "IT SAYS ALBUM IN THE LISTING." like that clears it up. I did get an LP that time, but another time a seller listed Midwestern Songs as an LP and I got a CD. He did let me keep the CD and refunded my money. And everytime I get an LP from Amazon it comes in a box big enough to ship a cadaver.

well i went ahead and did. the email i got from amazon has lp record in the description so heres to hopin.

It's great to use to get records to the UK from the US, as the postage charge is only £1.25, which is like $1.80, where as using ebay a seller will charge $25 postage. I've never had a problem and bought from the market place hundreds of times. Only once did I get a crappy used LP that was scratched and battered and the seller refunded me straight away, and let me keep the LP. Someone like Caiman are usually reliable.

Guest markovianprocess

I've had loads of experiences with Amazon directly and other sellers and I haven't had many problems. As long as you're buying from established sellers and reading each listing to make sure, it's hard to go wrong. I'm not sure how Amazon US compares to the UK though. We also get the ridiculous sized boxes sometimes too though.

It's great to use to get records to the UK from the US, as the postage charge is only £1.25, which is like $1.80, where as using ebay a seller will charge $25 postage. I've never had a problem and bought from the market place hundreds of times. Only once did I get a crappy used LP that was scratched and battered and the seller refunded me straight away, and let me keep the LP. Someone like Caiman are usually reliable.

good to know the record i bought was actually from the seller caiman.

caiman is shit. i bought achilles heel from them for $17ppd in march. after two weeks of nothing, i emailed them to see what was up. no response. i emailed again a few days later, and then in another few days i got a response: out of stock indefinitely. thing is, they were selling one on ebay for twice the original price at that exact same time. what the fuck