Getting To Work Too Early (Work Sucks)

So this morning my alarm went off a crap load of times and it resulted in me assuming that I was late for work, got dressed and rushed out of the house, my mom was trying to tell me something about the time but I blocked it out. I got on the freeway to get to work assuming that I was gonna be late to work. It wasn't till I checked the clock in my car that I realized it was 6:00am,I go into work at 7:00am and by the time I wanted to go back and turn around it was my exit. The rest of the morning consisted of me attempting to sleep in my car and screaming at the fact that this job is the worse thing to happen to me at this time.

So has this happened to any of you before?....better question,does anyone have a job that takes everything out you, and you want to quit but you can't.

Any work related storty will be accepted as well.

-juliO!

I work graveyard and it's straight up shitty. It really wears at your body, sometimes ill get 9 hours of straight sleep and still feel tired. People are constantly pissed off at you for calling them late in the middle of the night over something stupid and all you're trying to do is your job.

I work a lot of 2pm-10pm shifts at Sheetz, which are usually on weekends. So obviously, these are usually days I wake up around 11am or noon, and those two or three hours are always a big waste of time for me. I am not an early person, and when I don't have class I absolutely hate and cannot wake up during single digit hours. I always end up sitting around the house for too long, go get something to eat way too late, and end up showing at work right at 2, cutting it really close.

I think I got you beat on coming to work early lol...

One time i was scheduled to work from 8 to 4:30, this not being an unusual shift I thought

nothing of it and got up at 7 am, did my morning routine and left for work

When I got to work they told me I wasnt on the schedule...after some searching it turns out I was scheduled overnight inventory, something you have to volunteer for, and that my shift started at 8 at night till 4:30 in the morning...needless to say i was quite pissed

i think have job absolutely better than unemploy....

Of course I love working and having money but this office takes the life out of me,I feel like that Careerbuilder.com ad, where they show the different reasons to find a new job. I think I've felt all of them.

-juliO!

keep fighting, jurrobear....

:)

I worked from 9am till 3:30am yesterday, and had to be back in at 9 today. 4 hours of sleep doesn't cut it, and my commute is about an hour as well.

I need a new job.

18.5 hour shift?

Indeed... and the sad part is that this doesn't even hold a light to the 36 hour shift a fellow art director pulled.

Advertising = Hipster sweatshop... (so many DBags here).

I showed up at work thinking I was opening the store (I work at Starbucks), which means working at 5:15am, but really I was working at 9am. This was super shitty, because I have to walk to work because busses don't run this early and I'm not taking a fucking $8 cab ride, when if I waited an hour I could take the bus and save myself the hassle. That's a different story... anyways, so I had left my house at 4:45, get there, find out I'm not even supposed to be there, then walk back home, by now its 6am. I get to go back to bed for another 2.5hrs then walk back to work. It sucked so bad.

After that I told my manager that I can't do opens because the busses don't run that early and I don't think I should have to walk 30 mins to work through some sketchy parts of Halifax. I always see crazies, drunks, junkies when I walk to work that early. So now I do mostly closes which is 4pm-12:30am and I never run in to any psychos on my way home.