My boss hates the fact that I dont kiss ass

So I work in a small office, where my bosses are attention whores, both of them require the whole office to kiss their ass, except I tend to just get to work and do my job but they put the blame on me for things I didn't do and I think its a result of my lack of ass kissing.

I want to quit and find a new job but they pay is ok and I'm getting benefits which is really good during these times.

Sorry guys just needed to vent,has anybody been in my shoes when it comes to something like this?

During my performance evaluation, my bosses told me I needed to work harder at getting tasks done on time (they generally don't give my time frames), and they said I need to chat less with my co-worker. Meanwhile, I have had to stay after work late a few times because they are behind on grant proposals, and they very often stand around and chat about their horses and vacations.

My boss, on the other hand, has promoted ME, a giant slacker who breaks a lot of the rules and does my lesson plans and all that jazz rather than working, over people who put 100% effort into their job.

Do you happen to work at a fictional company called Initech?

No, but I enjoyed that comment.
i work for the state.

i dont even think i need to say anything else.

I used to work for the NYS Dept. of Health and I wanted to commit suicide. The level of slacking and bullshit and money wasting that goes on there really ate away at my honesty. It was incredibly disheartening to work there, and I rarely pretend to have better morals than anyone.