Gruff Beard Records Check out our Logo

Hey guys just like everyone else and there mother I am starting a label with a good buddy of mine. We are called Gruff Beard Records and things are really just in the works right now and I will update as they progress but I can say that our first release is going to be from an amazing Long Island band you prob do not know called Ink and Lead! Please please please check them out here http://www.myspace.com/inkandleadmusic and let me know what you think hopefully you guys will be into it and support this shit so I can continue to put out awesome releases.......more news, official site, and everything else to follow soon!!!!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also friend these guys on Myspace they are playing a bunch of shows in the LI/NYC area so if you around please come out and check out that band ill buy ya a Beer/Soda/Whiskey Drink whatever is your jam..........and please guys give this stuff a listen and leave me some feeback even if you think they suck and I should punch myself in the nuts any and all feedback is appreciated!

label/thread/band backed hard.
TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. i'm working on the new logo as i write this. i hope chuck and luke don't get mad, but here was the no division label logo.

[image]

Na dude not mad at all just in case anyone is wondering that was our original name and logo design (that was fucking awesome) done by Joe but for a bunch of different reason we decided to change it to Gruff Beard Records instead. Something may come of NDR one day but not now and I am stoked for Joe to be doing our new Logo!!!

Also Guys get Stoked on the fact that Ohio Pride Ltd. will be doing the covers for all of our releases and we will also be releasing a debut from Joe himself and his band Submit and Submerge more news on that coming soon!!!

GET STOKED!!!

Guest noeffinidea
Danthewhateverheisthismonthfan

Yeah, but we're not putting out anything on more than one color or releasing anything by Alkaline Trio...

Danthewhateverheisthismonthfan

Yeah, but we're not putting out anything on more than one color or releasing anything by Alkaline Trio...

Yea I know plus its not the everything else part of the board this is actually about music so I guess people dont care I mean why would they join a message board about music and then actually discuss it who does that now a days

Guest noeffinidea

Yea I know plus its not the everything else part of the board this is actually about music so I guess people dont care I mean why would they join a message board about music and then actually discuss it who does that now a days

Yeah, I don't know my friend. Apparently discussion of "music" nowadays (at least in this forum) can be divided into three categories:

1. Bitching about not getting a certain color/variant of a record

OR

2. Bitching about how much money has been spent trying to obtain certain colors/variants.

OR

3. Bitching at people to buy records "for the music" which WOULD BE a positive statement. Unfortunately, when I saw a "buy music for the music" topic posted, it was made by someone (i.e. variant collector, user name withheld) who rampantly posts topics that fit into the above two categories. The end result making his statement an extremely laughable hypocrisy.

ALSO! What is the deal with this "internet elitism"?? Aren't music and it's many "scenes" a means to unify people through a common bond (for the most part)?? It shouldn't matter who knows the right people OR who writes for a once-decent-magazine-turned-to-shit OR who has been on this message board the longest.

The only thing that should matter is that we're all here because we love the vinyl format as a means to listen to music.

This is one of the primary ideals for Chuck and I starting this label and it will reflect in everything we put out. We can't wait to bring you all along on this next step of our journey in the world of music as we release our first 7" this summer!

Yeah, I don't know my friend. Apparently discussion of "music" nowadays (at least in this forum) can be divided into three categories:

1. Bitching about not getting a certain color/variant of a record

OR

2. Bitching about how much money has been spent trying to obtain certain colors/variants.

OR

3. Bitching at people to buy records "for the music" which WOULD BE a positive statement. Unfortunately, when I saw a "buy music for the music" topic posted, it was made by someone (i.e. variant collector, user name withheld) who rampantly posts topics that fit into the above two categories. The end result making his statement an extremely laughable hypocrisy.

ALSO! What is the deal with this "internet elitism"?? Aren't music and it's many "scenes" a means to unify people through a common bond (for the most part)?? It shouldn't matter who knows the right people OR who writes for a once-decent-magazine-turned-to-shit OR who has been on this message board the longest.

The only thing that should matter is that we're all here because we love the vinyl format as a means to listen to music.

This is one of the primary ideals for Chuck and I starting this label and it will reflect in everything we put out. We can't wait to bring you all along on this next step of our journey in the world of music as we release our first 7" this summer!

I couldent have written it better myself........unfortunatly it has nothing to do with some guys banging a prostitute or some girl posting a picture of herself with a bra and a get up kids records so I doubt anyone on here will really care.........aside from the few of you who have showed some love and support for this project and I really really appreaciate all you guys you make this worth doing because god knows we will never make any money off this

will listen next time I'm not on my phone browsing the board! :P I'm an avid supporter of the guys running labels on the board and try to support those guys above all else. wish I was putting out records too. jealous.

Thank man I really appreciate it! Let me know how you like the tunes they are really rough demos compared to what these guys are working on for our release but it will give you a good sense of there sound.......I would start with Teenage Waistband that will be on our 7inch but most likly willbe re-recorded