eBay trouble

I always contact the seller first before leaving anything other than positive feedback. It's too late for that now. Ebay won't do anything to remove the feedback, but you can make notes under yours and his, I believe, so people can see that too. A paypal claim for the item being "significantly different" is your only recourse and it should result in you getting a refund. The one time I had a record that came nowhere near described (which I paid $140 for), It was described as near mint for the vinyl, jacket and lyric sleeve. There were splits and the vinyl had many visible marks, plus it took two months to arrive from Germany. I contacted the seller right away. He claimed he wasn't responsible beacuse the damage must've happened during shipping, so I told him I would filed a claim and then remove the claim if he could fix the situation. Within minutes of me filing the claim he refunded half of my money and left me positive feedback.

as a buyer, NEVER leave feedback (especially if it's going to be negative or neutral) until the seller has left feedback for you. if they refuse to, just let it be. you're better off that way.

I rarely leave feedback until the other person does, either when buying or selling, which has probably cost me a great deal of good feedback. With Ebay it's as if 100 Posi feedbacks is negted by 1 negative.

Everytime I sell I leave positive feedback as soon as I ship (as long as the person pays within a reasonable amount of time)...they fulfilled their end of the deal and I'm confident enough in what I'm selling that they'll leave me positive as well. Sometimes they don't leave any, but I've never gotten a negative feedback as a seller. The two negatives I have are 1) retaliation from a seller who wouldn't right a bad sale, so I left him negative and he returned the favor, and 2) I bought something buy-it-now and didn't pay for the item because the seller contacted me saying what I had purchased was something slightly different than what i agreed to buy. He left negative saying I refused to pay.

When I buy on ebay, I leave the seller feedback as soon as I recieve the item because that marks the end of the transaction. When selling, I wait for the buyer to leave feedback first, in case there is a problem. I would try to work out any problems before leaving feedback.

I currently have over 200 positive feedback with no negatives and I really don't worry about it much. Once you get into the hundreds of positive feedback I don't think people care if it's 200 or 200,000.