hey graphic designers what scanner should I buy?

Guest adam526

If you're operating on a Mac I'd recommend a nice Epson flat bed scanner. At right about $200 they work really well and the software interface is easy to use.

you can get a canon 8000 series (i think 8800 is the current model) for around $180. has a 9600 dpi and can scan positives and negatives plus a lot of other nice little features. if you are looking for anything that can do bigger than 8 1/2 x 11 (or maybe x14 i cant remember) you are gonna be looking at a lot more than $200

let me know if you want any more detail on the scanner and ill tell you what i can remember

CanoScan 8800F or a epson v500. those are about $200 and work well. usually a $200 scanner works well unless you plan on buying a fujitsu or a really nice epson, the two i mentioned are well within your price range and work way better than a $99 scanner. After that the jump is around $300 or so..

what kind of sizes would I be able to scan if i went for a 300 level?

same.. just a fancier scanner...

$300 is just a better scanner. more options, more outer buttons, a feed if you want to scan numerous pages.. quick scan, etc. basically a faster scanner.. nothing more.

if you want to scan 11x17 (A3) or so you're gonna get up in price.. for a more recent.. anywhere from $1000 to $4000. if you want something that's pretty old but scans at that size, but the res is a bit outdated.. you'd probably spend about $200. i wouldn't buy a old printerscanner though..