What do you guys think about this deal?

My band is about to press our first 7" and this package seems like a good deal. What do you guys think? Know anywhere I can get a better deal?

URP's Economic Stimulus Package - C - $839

500 Green 7" Records WITHOUT jackets

Includes shipping, does not include jackets.

Includes:

* 500 7" Records on standard weight green vinyl

* Small hole or large

* Plain white dust sleeves

* Labels (1 color paper w/ 1 color ink only, no grayscale)

* Lacquer mastering & plating

* Shipping to one location

* Three test pressings

My band is about to press our first 7" and this package seems like a good deal. What do you guys think? Know anywhere I can get a better deal?

URP's Economic Stimulus Package - C - $839

500 Green 7" Records WITHOUT jackets

Includes shipping, does not include jackets.

Includes:

* 500 7" Records on standard weight green vinyl

* Small hole or large

* Plain white dust sleeves

* Labels (1 color paper w/ 1 color ink only, no grayscale)

* Lacquer mastering & plating

* Shipping to one location

* Three test pressings

I don't think its necessarily a BAD deal, but I think you could do better at Musicol- Musicolrecording.com I don't like the clear green vinyl that united does personally either. That is a personal preference but I think you could do slightly better pricewise.

you have to also think about selling 500 records. are you gonan be able to make some profit? you never want to lose money, breaking even is the best for 7".

with that said, my old band call for arms just used urp for a vinyl deal they had. 300 7" came to $600.

but ours are being sold not only from our myspace but the label that threw in money to help press them is selling them on his website.

on a side not, when they send you test presses make sure you listen to all of them. i just got the 2nd round of tests because the first 3 we're fucked!

Was that $600 deal a special thing they were having? Or is that around what it costs for 300 7"s?

I think anything under about 500 is going to be considered a very short run, prices may actually go up quickly (based on per unit cost) for much less than 500. Just a guess as that's how it seems to work with CDs and LPs.

Was that $600 deal a special thing they were having? Or is that around what it costs for 300 7"s?

I think anything under about 500 is going to be considered a very short run, prices may actually go up quickly (based on per unit cost) for much less than 500. Just a guess as that's how it seems to work with CDs and LPs.

Yeah that's my guess as well. We may just end up using united anyway because we can just drive to nashville and pick them up.

Yeah that's my guess as well. We may just end up using united anyway because we can just drive to nashville and pick them up.

That's how I pick most of the vendors I work with.

Pirates Press price is: 500 7" VIRGIN VINYL RECORDS W/ FULL COLOR LABELS & JACKETS $1100

So how much are jackets?

THIS deal does not include color vinyl

and a good CHEAP

7" cover alternative is to get them screen printed

we are getting them digitally printed and then letter pressed on top of that

arron, me or randy will have that art work to you asap. we have someone working on it, just haven't found the right art yet.

Pirates Press price is: 500 7" VIRGIN VINYL RECORDS W/ FULL COLOR LABELS & JACKETS $1100

So how much are jackets?

THIS deal does not include color vinyl

and a good CHEAP

7" cover alternative is to get them screen printed