Has anyone ever ordered from 6131 Records?

Guest genericinsight

Guest genericinsight

I ordered 2 copies of the Permanent LP on February 2nd.

On February 26th I sent them an email asking if they'd mailed them yet, and the guy who runs the label wrote write back and said he's been slow with mailorder and all of them "should be shipping any day now".

.... it's now March 15th and I still have gotten nothing.

Should I try emailing him again? I don't want to sound like a pest, especially if he hasn't sent out anyone else's, he's probably gotten a bunch of emails as it is. If anyone has ever ordered from them does it usually take this long? Suggestions? I can't remember the last time I ordered from a label and it took this long to get a package (ahem, Gaslight Anthem pre-orders aside).

Guest genericinsight

Yeah, he seemed like a nice enough dude considering how fast he replied to my email. I'll wait a little longer and then shoot him another one if I don't get the records soon. Good to see someone can vouch for him.

Guest genericinsight
way back when this first came out i preordered it, and it took a while for them to arrive, but they did. joey is a good dude, he let me know what was up.

too bad permanent are no more :(

yeah I was quite sad when I found out.

Guest genericinsight

well they came today, packaged perfectly and in great condition. thanks for the confirmation everyone. I also now know why the label is called 6131 Records... ha.

• 1 month later...

actually heres as it stands now

So, last week the pressing plant called me about the Swamp Thing 7". They still owed us 400 of the lime/yellow records. When they called I was informed that they were out of ALL colors until June except for "opaque swirl". Since we didn't want to want until June I told them to go ahead and press the rest on this "opaque swirl" expecting to get 400 of the same color. Guess what, we didn't get one color, we got three new colors. They look stupid, so those three colors are now available on the store.

Here is the new breakdown of colors for the Swamp Thing 7":

112 gold w/ black (United Blood)

300 clear brown

300 lime green (some are more yellow, some are more brownish)

85 grey marble

138 purple marble

178 blue marble