iPhone 3.0

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a kinda stupid question. I'm going to get an iphone and am wondering if the apps take up a lot of space? I'd like to get the 32gb model but I dont think I'll be able to swing 300$ anytime soon.. music wise I plan to only put on a few albums and same with videos

I have 3 full pages of applications, which total 490MB. That doesn't include the full page of preinstalled ones, as I don't believe they're counted in the total.

But anywho, the sizes vary greatly, obviously by what the application entails.

-Brothers In Arms, a fully functional first-person-shooter, is 81.6mb.

-iTie, an application that shows you how to tie a tie via animated diagrams, is 603kb.

See what I mean?

-I believe the largest app is the game Myst, which tops out at 727mb on its own. I don't know of any others that are anywhere close to that, though.

-I believe the most expensive app is Lexi-complete, at $299.99. (I know you didn't bring up price, but I think it's fucking crazy!)

If you absolutely need the 3GS, the 16GB should be more than enough for you. If the 3GS isn't a must, the 8GB 3G would probably work fine. (I have a 16GB 3G, and it's nowhere near capacity!)

Yeah that's pretty much what I expected. I didnt think they took up a lot of space (for the most part) but wasn't sure. I think aside from a few random apps, I'll have the MLB update for those work days where I am stuck watching soaps in the break room and a game or two to pass the time.

299.. wow, I'll have to look into that one just for the sheer novelty of it

I still think I'll go for the 16 gb because I know if I do go for the 8gb, I'll regret it.

anyway, thanks for all the input. Adam, as usual your quality post has helped out tremendously. +1