iPhone 3.0

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just installed it and it was a little rough. iTunes mostly, it continued to report an error -4 when I plugged in the phone after it installed the new OS. The phone works fine. I really like the spotlight feature and the landscape SMS/text feature the most so far. I'm gonna keep playing with it...

I'm also reinstalling my apps, because 90% of them weren't showing up after the first installation of the OS. Maybe they won't until the developers update their apps as well?

I just installed it and it was a little rough. iTunes mostly, it continued to report an error -4 when I plugged in the phone after it installed the new OS. The phone works fine. I really like the spotlight feature and the landscape SMS/text feature the most so far. I'm gonna keep playing with it...

I'm also reinstalling my apps, because 90% of them weren't showing up after the first installation of the OS. Maybe they won't until the developers update their apps as well?

makes me wonder if I should wait to upgrade...

AT&T is extending the people who are available to upgrade to the new phone

What does this mean exactly?

From AT&T (via Mac Rumors)

We're now pleased to offer our iPhone 3G customers who are upgrade eligible in July, August or September 2009 our best upgrade pricing, beginning Thursday, June 18.

Entire "article" here: http://www.macrumors.com/2009/06/17/atandt-extends-iphone-3g-s-upgrade-pricing-to-many-customers/

This scares me a little... anyone else have this problem?

If not, definitely installing after work!

i thought i had this problem but i scrolled across the different app screens and found them, it just made a couple of blank screens in between the default and the rest of my apps

Posting from my iPhone...Things are still working well, and more of my apps are getting 3.0 support. I wouldn't worry about app support, because it seems the devs so far are updating their apps quickly. At least the ones I have.

Good luck everyone!

Good luck everyone!

Oh and the copy and paste rules :)

What does this mean exactly?

From AT&T (via Mac Rumors)

We're now pleased to offer our iPhone 3G customers who are upgrade eligible in July, August or September 2009 our best upgrade pricing, beginning Thursday, June 18.

Entire "article" here: http://www.macrumors.com/2009/06/17/atandt-extends-iphone-3g-s-upgrade-pricing-to-many-customers/

that's cool. that means I don't have to wait until July to be able to get an iPhone.

My install went fine, it took about 20/25 minutes to download and a few minutes to install. i don't know if it is just my imagination but everything seems to run quicker/smoother. I am amazed how quick the spotlight search works and copy and paste, although i have only used to test it, it seems to work really well. Also the MMS works well to even though the only one i have received was courtesy of o2.

Guest duhpunk
everything went smooth, except app store is not working

this is pissing me off, there are a few apps that have updates available, so it has the '3' on top of the icon, which for some reason bugs me. I want it gone, but can't, since the store isn't working properly.

same deal here. plus, i want the MLB app now that they have added streaming video.

and how do you send MMS? i've been looking everywhere, and can't find the option

and how do you send MMS? i've been looking everywhere, and can't find the option

Dude, go in to the messaging as normal, in the bottom left, just above the keyboard across from the send button, is a little camera icon. Click on it and choose use existing to use something from our pics or take a new picture.