damaged records from ebay

so i got this lot of records from ebay the other day and now i've got 6 lps with tac holes in the top corners that also go through the inserts and water damage on the cover. also, 5 of the 7" covers have tac holes through the cover. no mention of any of this was made in the ebay auction. i asked for a partial refund...what would you do?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the first msg i got back from him..

"I apologize. I dont beleive I ever placed tacs in them, maybe previous owners, and the only cover that was really damaged was "The Decline", which I did not mention and shipped extra"

i'm wondering if i should just go to paypal now before he pulls all of his money out of his paypal account and i get fucked.

like he wouldnt of noticed fucking holes in the cover.

Shit happened to me with a teenage politics lp but i got it for super cheap so i didnt really care.

yeah...after thinking about it again i'm getting more pissed at him and filed a claim resolution on ebay. i'm sure by the time it goes through he'll have pulled all of his money from paypal and i won't get shit.

well, that will only work if hes already pulled his money. if he left it sitting in there, then paypal will freeze the amount of your purchase in his account automatically when a claim is opened.

yeah, but when you go to file a claim on paypal it reverts you to ebay now. so by filing the resolution thing on ebay i don't know if it will lock the money in his paypal account. i do know the money is still in his account though because as soon as i paid he asked that i leave feedback as soon as i got the records because they wouldn't release the money until i did. i did however leave positive feedback, but a 1 on the description of the auction due to damage. hopefully that doesn't fuck things up.

yeah..you have to have the funds in the account to get a refund. i've been fucked for well over $1k on ebay.

one was for a rob jones white stripes print...that was $250. one was for a lot of all of the old alk3 records...that was $200 i think. both of those were never sent and had ripped off numerous people at the same time.

Yeah, I've wanted to ditch paypal for a while now... but it is so convenient.

there's no other good options..it sucks. isn't paypal the only way you can pay for ebay auctions?

If you don't want to use money orders... though a lot of sellers are paypal only anymore. I'm thinking about ditching my ebay account, but I still use half alot. Too bad you can't use the credit card from your half account to pay for ebay auctions.

there's no other good options..it sucks. isn't paypal the only way you can pay for ebay auctions?

If you don't want to use money orders... though a lot of sellers are paypal only anymore. I'm thinking about ditching my ebay account, but I still use half alot. Too bad you can't use the credit card from your half account to pay for ebay auctions.

i've had ebay not list my auctions before because i had something about accepting money orders as a form of payment

i've had ebay not list my auctions before because i had something about accepting money orders as a form of payment

Haha, i had the same thing. i was selling cds and one of the songs was called western union and they wouldnt let me list it because "i was accepting unauthorized payment methods". it took at least a half hour to figure out what the fuck was going on.

Haha, i had the same thing. i was selling cds and one of the songs was called western union and they wouldnt let me list it because "i was accepting unauthorized payment methods". it took at least a half hour to figure out what the fuck was going on.

yeah...i used to have "money order" in one of my saved descriptions for international shipping or something and had the same problem.

so when it comes down to it there really is no protection for the buyer. you can sell something, get paid for it via paypal, then transfer all the funds to a bank account or another paypal account, but never send the item and not have to refund anything because there's $0.00 in the paypal account that received the payment.

so when it comes down to it there really is no protection for the buyer. you can sell something, get paid for it via paypal, then transfer all the funds to a bank account or another paypal account, but never send the item and not have to refund anything because there's $0.00 in the paypal account that received the payment.

exactly. i've had it happen quite a few times.

that guys totally ripped you off, report him fast, one time i sold a radio on ebay, the guy said he never got it so i gave him a refund, i saw my same radio on ebay the nest day and he was selling it, i tried to report him but he deleted his account short after it sold and there is now no way for me to get my money back

that guys totally ripped you off, report him fast, one time i sold a radio on ebay, the guy said he never got it so i gave him a refund, i saw my same radio on ebay the nest day and he was selling it, i tried to report him but he deleted his account short after it sold and there is now no way for me to get my money back

yeah..i finally figured out how to file a issue on paypal since it now kicks out back to ebay. i immediately escalated the issue to a claim so it should have locked the money into his paypal account.

hahaha..this guy is hilarious

" I sincerely apologize for your unhappiness. I did mention in my auction that they had been sitting around for a while. Paypal informed me that 5 of the covers were being claimed to be "water damaged". The only cover that I knew was damaged was "The Decline" which is why I did not include it in the auction, and gave it to you for free. As for the tac holes, I apologize, but I wish you had asked questions, because I did not notice them, and even if I did, I would not have thought that to be a problem. Please let me know if you have any questions, and once again, I apologize."