Portugal the Man "It's Complicated Being a Wizard"

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image][image]

We are excited to share with you the news that we will be releasing Portugal the Man's "It's Complicated Being a Wizard" domestically as a 12" LP. The 23 minute EP will be released as a single sided LP with the B-side an etching of a drawing by Portugal's John Gourley (pictured). This EP was originally released by by Approaching Airballoons / Reincarnate Music on CD in the United States and on CD and vinyl by Defiance in Germany. We will be pressing 1,000 copies (333 on light blue vinyl, 667 on black vinyl). There will also be a limited edition 12 x 12 hand-numbered silkscreen that will accompany the blue and black vinyl. 200 silk-screens will be printed (1-100 for the Light Blue vinyl / 101 to 200 for the black vinyl). The copies with the silk-screen will cost a little more than the copies without. We just love this art and wanted to do something extra special for this release. Our vinyl edition will come with an mp3 download coupon that will allow you to download the entire 23 minute recording.

The pre-order will commence on Friday, July 24th at 2pm Mountain Standard Time. I highly recommend pre-ordering as this record will sell out rather quickly.

In other news, Portugal's latest album, "The Satanic Satanists" is in stores today. I can't say enough about this album. It is my favorite record of 2009. It is my favorite Portugal the Man album. I am so proud of the guys. Our exclusive color for The Satanic Satanists is going to sell out this week. We only have 80 copies left out of the 300 we received. Buy this soon or forever be bummed. For those of you who don't buy vinyl, buy the CD; the packaging is insane. If you don't care about vinyl or CD, buy the digital. I really hope the guys will have a strong first week sales number as so many in the industry care about that kind of crap and Portugal deserves the recognition. Buy this album!!!

i bet the person spending $120 on ebay for this is kicking himself now. will be ordering.

serious? $120? that is fucking nuts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Portugal-The-Man-Wizard-Circa-Survive-Thrice_W0QQitemZ220452269631QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMusic_on_Vinyl?hash=item3353faae3f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|293%3A1|294%3A50

someone is also trying to sell a test press of Church Mouth for $90

Guest Admin
so excited to own this finally. Will the silk screen be of the album art?

it will be pretty much the art, but with different colors and it will more than likely only be 2 colors. It should look awesome none the less.

Guest kevinb
so excited to own this finally. Will the silk screen be of the album art?

it will be pretty much the art, but with different colors and it will more than likely only be 2 colors. It should look awesome none the less.

will the colors for the prints be different for the blue & black vinyl ? like 1-100 are this color and 101-200 are this color..

Guest Admin

will the colors for the prints be different for the blue & black vinyl ? like 1-100 are this color and 101-200 are this color..

that is a fine question. I will have an answer by friday.

Guest kevinb
So technically there will be 4 'types' of this?

Light Blue

Light Blue (Silkscreened LTD Ed)

Black

Black (Silkscreened LTD Ed)

I could be wrong but I think there would be 4 sales and it would break down as

333 blue

(100 of 333 sold with print)

667 black

(100 of 667 sold with print)

Guest kevinb

that is a fine question. I will have an answer by friday.

awesome ! any idea if they plan to press the acoustic album ?

Guest Admin

regarding the import satanic vinyl, defiance is having pressing problems and wants to have it all sorted before selling some to us. I was hoping to have it up by friday with this pre-order, but I don't know that this will happen in time.

about the acoustic record, I emailed management because that record sounds so badass.

Guest Admin
is the light blue pretty much identical to the german pressing? if so i might throw mine up on ebay and PO this one.

I am not quite sure how it will turn out, but it might look similar to the blue from defiance.