Video: Something Like Sound interviews Virgil (Me)

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin
What the FUCK? You didn't like Los Angeles? I wonder why?

seriously, i was the same way when i moved there. I do miss Amoeba though.

I lived there before there was an Amoeba. I used to have to drive like 4 hours to go see a punk show at the Corona Showcase when I lived in Van Nuys.

I lived there before there was an Amoeba. I used to have to drive like 4 hours to go see a punk show at the Corona Showcase when I lived in Van Nuys.

thats some serious traffic on the 101/5/91.

sadly the showcase closed late last year.

Guest Admin

on a friday night, the drive was horrible. Not always 4 hours, but always at least 3. I saw some great shows, but man, the showcase was kind of a shit hole. sorry to hear they closed. Went to a few shows at the Barn in riverside, koos cafe in santa ana, and a couple crappy shows at the cobalt cafe in the valley.

on a friday night, the drive was horrible. Not always 4 hours, but always at least 3. I saw some great shows, but man, the showcase was kind of a shit hole. sorry to hear they closed. Went to a few shows at the Barn in riverside, koos cafe in santa ana, and a couple crappy shows at the cobalt cafe in the valley.

i love love loved the showcase and the randomness of the loaction, next to the laundromat and 99 cent store in a tiny strip mall. maybe it was just the locality of it since i grew up in Riverside but i was bummed when they finally closed its doors.

coming from Riverside the majority of my first shows were at the Barn. I did get to see Blink, Millencolin, and Home Grown there a few times and countless other ska shows my sister would take me to.

Guest Admin

i love love loved the showcase and the randomness of the loaction, next to the laundromat and 99 cent store in a tiny strip mall. maybe it was just the locality of it since i grew up in Riverside but i was bummed when they finally closed its doors.

coming from Riverside the majority of my first shows were at the Barn. I did get to see Blink, Millencolin, and Home Grown there a few times and countless other ska shows my sister would take me to.

that's cool; I used to hang with the Falling Sickness dudes a lot back then since I worked at Hopeless. I was at the album release show for "the world has failed us both" at the barn. It was a great show, but I got a little too drunk that night. Good times for sure.

and yeah, I saw a ton of great shows at the showcase.

no shit. yea, the only thing i miss about LA is that record store and a few friends.. oh and of course The Griddle. I want to go back just to visit those two places...