Decemberists - current tour

I would have been perfectly happy if you hadn't brought up the philharmonic shows, which I missed. Now I don't know if I want to answer your question. Kidding! I saw them in Boston and am seeing them again in a couple weeks also in MA. It was awesome! I openly admit that I really wasn't excited for a new record from them because I had listened to them for a good 4 or 5 years and was doubtful that it would hold my attention. I just felt like it wouldn't be exciting. But it was, and it's even better live. They're one of my favorite band to see because it's just a lot of fun, and this tour follows suit. They played The Hazards of Love straight through, took a 15 minutes break, played 9-10 more songs and then did a 2 or 3 song encore. It was about 1 hour 45 minutes of actual play time, which was sweet. They also played "Crazy On You" and "Sleepless", which were awesome. I didn't notice any merch worth grabbing unless you're missing records from them or like t-shirts a lot. Ok, done. Any questions? Ask.

Their Richmond show as similar to what kurt said. I like the new album a lot better live. Here they closed with a reactment of the Civil War involving the Audience and various band members playing Lincoln, Robert E. Lee, and Eval Kineval (he jumped a canyon to stop the war). Definitely a great live band! But no prints...