Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

ACHILLES ìHospiceî LP marble tan vinyl VC exclusive

ACHILLES ìHospiceî LP promo/advance copy

ACHILLES ìHospiceî LP black vinyl

ACHILLES ìHospiceî LP grey vinyl

ACHILLES ìHospiceî LP camo vinyl

ACHILLES ìHospiceî LP set of all 4 colors (marble, black, grey, camo)

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Store/Search.aspx?&Page=1&Sort=1&sku=VCFPR_ACHILLES

PRE-ORDER WON'T BE LIVE UNTIL 2PM MST

We are excited to announce the pre-order for Achilles “Hospice”. Hospice was originally released on CD via HEX records in 2007; the CD can still be purchased through them at this link.

From the Hex site, “The ridiculously good second full length from Rochester’s own Achilles. Though way on the back burner due to members commitments with Polar Bear Club, Soul Control, and fatherhood, this record gained so much praise just by how freaking good the songwriting is they didn’t need to bother playing shows in support of it. While heavily rooted in a ‘mathcore’ vein, influences are not strictly limited to the Botch school of thought. Add bits of Majority Rule, City Of Caterpillars, Faraquet, and straight up melodic hardcore and you get this excellent document of a band with passion seeping out every pore. The album sounds delicious.” Farewell Party decided to license the album for release on vinyl in hopes of giving the album the attention it deserves.

Punknews said of the album in a review, “Hospice is assuredly a step up from the also excellent The Dark Horse, which combined some of the best aspects from heavy but ambitious acts like Botch and Breather Resist. Achilles seem to forge their own territory here, diversifying their sound and concentrating less on atmospherics and more on a heavy base, mixed up tempos and interchanging riffs. “We Are Fixtures” is one of the best examples of this, in addition to being possibly Hospice’s best track; Rory Vangrol (also of How We Are) kicks it up a notch repetitively screaming “wake up, wake up! We’re losing everything!,” and leads the charge perfectly — rarely has Achilles sounded this urgent, while the band floor the listener with a breathtaking sense of dynamics.?

The pressing for “Hospice” will be in the following editions:

Marble Tan – 114 VC exclusive (90 copies will be available through VC)

Black – 107

Grey – 143

Camo – 220

50 PROMO / ADVANCE copies (Black Vinyl, but promo copies, sent out to distros and reviewers prior to release (VC will have 15 copies)

We will also have a Test Press Contest (only 60 made, hand made covers by Joe OHIO PRIDE).

Vinyl is expected to be completed in 3 weeks.

Does the promo copy have a different sound than the normal copy? this will probably be sold out by the time i'm typing this haha but i wanted to ask before buying it..

Its the same as the normal press. Its on black vinyl. It just has a "promotional" copy cover. It was sent out to super cool dudes like loki for review early last week. It also has some sweet spelling errors...well one that I remember.

Does the promo copy have a different sound than the normal copy? this will probably be sold out by the time i'm typing this haha but i wanted to ask before buying it..

Its the same as the normal press. Its on black vinyl. It just has a "promotional" copy cover. It was sent out to super cool dudes like loki for review early last week. It also has some sweet spelling errors...well one that I remember.

How does the promotional copy cover vary from the regular cover?