what do you think? time for a new contest??

i'm closing in on 1,400 PMs, and i haven't done one in a while. so here's the deal:

send me a PM with the story of your favorite band of all time. tell me who they are. if they have had a couple different lineup changes, tell me who your favorite member at each instrument was/is. do you remember the first time you heard them? what were your initial impressions? have you ever seen them live? did they live up to your expectations? have you ever had a chance to meet them?

and, since this is a vinyl community... what is your favorite record of theirs? do you own it on vinyl? etc. etc. etc. anything you wanna tell me about your favorite band/why you love them/whatever, feel free. the better the story, the better your chances of winning.

my favorite story i get wins a prize that i will make. i've been feeling creative lately, so hopefully this will give me a chance to have some output. also, i don't have a working digital camera (mine died in may, r.i.p.) so when it gets to you, you gotta promise to take a pic and send it to me or post it here so i can have it on my computer.

GO!

actually yeah. sometimes things end up being useful that you wouldn't think were. that's why i stopped deleting them after a couple months.

like, i would talk to somebody about buying/selling a record and the deal would fall through, so i'd be like "well i guess i'll delete it" but then the circumstances would change like 3 months later or something, and i wouldn't be able to remember what the deal was, or who it was with.

then it just became habit to not delete anything.

also, at around 500 or so, i thought about going through and doing a major cleanup, but wondered if there was a limit that i would eventually reach where proboards would be like "you have too many PMs delete them now dickface" so i decided to keep everything and see if there was one.

so far, if it exists, i haven't hit it.

anybody who knows me knows that the word lazy doesn't really describe me when it comes to anything. i'm actually really super organized and have lists of everything and just enjoy order in general (up teh punx, amirite?), so for the longest time it bothered me to not go though and clean things up so it would only be the essential info in there. i guess i'm over that at this point, huh? haha.

exactly mike! for those of you who don't pay really close attention to everything people say, you're missing out. you'd be amazed at the connections you can make with people if they see that you're truly listening to/remembering what your conversation is about.

one dude on this board mentioned as a throwaway sentence at the end of a PM one time that he was only missing two records for a complete collection of something. i asked him what they were, and about two months later i happened to see one at my local record store so i bought it for him and just sent it to him without telling him to expect it. bffaeae since then.

it's the little things in life.