shpping costs...hahahaha

ya shipping is strange these days. its a guessing game sorta. when selling stuff I usually toss in extra stuff if i have it...just in case the shipping i asked for is off a little

it's no guessing game, you just need to check the prices on the posts site or at the post office. and you need to be honest. just that.

anyway this woul be my answer: "man, shipping a 7" thru first class mail international to italy costs about 5-9 dollars. not 25. and if the record was sold for 10 dollars, it means it's worth 10 dollars, otherwise other people other than me woulda bid on that. and if the record's got an emotional value to you, you could keep it on your shelf or put a reserve price on it. let me know what you want to do, but i guess i have the right to pay a proper amount for shipping, to pay the price i won it for, and i also have the right, now, to get that record. don't you think? please let me know. bye."

any suggestions?

Shipping costs to and from Canada is ridiculous. A guy in France bought a Converge record from me, but the cheapest shipping cost ($12-$15) would have taken up to 8 weeks. So the next one up is 30 and it takes 10-15 business days. Shipping is lame, but that's how it goes. You just have to ask ahead of time if it's out of country.

to me it shouldnt be necessary.

I agree, I think it should be mandatory to post shipping amounts to avoid situations like this.

I learned my lesson years ago when a record went for about 1/4 as much as it usually did and the seller attempted to pad his S/H to make up for it.

yeah, and even if the seller don't post it, he's expected to ship for a proper price.

yeah, he wants to ship thru priority mail, that costs 20-25 bucks. but sellers and buyers usuallly try to find an agreement, and sellers should try to ship at a proper price. he could even have said he wanted to ship thru global express guaranteed that costs a shitload, but that's no fucking deal for a buyer, first of all cuz it's a 10 bucks worth 7". whatever.