shpping costs...hahahaha

I love how the dollar is so much more than the pound haha.

I have never encountered shipping to be *this* ridiculous though.

shit the pound/sterling is worth nearly twice the dollar. brits make out bigtime with the exchange.

For sure, for the price of a record and shipping from the US we're still paying less than we would to pick up a record at a local store.

For example, there is a copy of Alk3 - Remains in my local record shop, and it's marked at £22.99, that's about $45!

one of the last records i won on ebay, i was charged $14 for shipping from the US. when i got my package, it said the postage cost was 7.44 and i asked the dude if he would refund me anything before i left him feedback, he said if i thought it was such a "big deal" he'd refund me 5-6 bucks. i said whatever, and left him a +1 and then finally got $5 back about a week later. i have no problem paying high postage when it costs a lot, but when i'm getting charged double, i think it's lame.

if the seller offers me some kind of special shipping, i will pay for sure. for exapmple i got some minor threat records thru fedex: i paid a lot, but they arrived here in perfect condition, the courier brought them, and it took three days for them to get here from the states. this time it's a normal shipping thru usps...

What we usually do for international shipping. (some places it really is like 20 bucks!)

But the weight limitations are usually less restrictive then in the states (when it comes to increasing the postage price)

But if send say... a 12" to someone which cost 9 bucks and shipping is 15 or something, we'll throw in a couple cd's and posters, and stickers etc. To try to help em out on the postage rapage.

The U.S postal service sucks ass now, it's gotten to the point where it really is difficult to economically mail shit.

I would say if someone from another country has to pay out the ass for shipping, be a cool dude and throw some extras in the package. Postage prices suck for all of us.

I always feel like a Nazi or something when I have to tell someone, Oh yeah your 2 12's are going to be 18 bucks, but postage is going to be another 18.

Anyway.. I hate the usps.

a few weeks ago i asked a dude on ebay if theres a cheaper way to ship one record to austria than 20$. i usually pay 8-12$ for one LP. he got back to me a few minutes later, telling me shipping is 10$, the rest is for him for standing in line at the post office. good dude... haha..

HAHAHA

That's great.

"Service fees bro"

What we usually do for international shipping. (some places it really is like 20 bucks!)

But the weight limitations are usually less restrictive then in the states (when it comes to increasing the postage price)

But if send say... a 12" to someone which cost 9 bucks and shipping is 15 or something, we'll throw in a couple cd's and posters, and stickers etc. To try to help em out on the postage rapage.

The U.S postal service sucks ass now, it's gotten to the point where it really is difficult to economically mail shit.

I would say if someone from another country has to pay out the ass for shipping, be a cool dude and throw some extras in the package. Postage prices suck for all of us.

I always feel like a Nazi or something when I have to tell someone, Oh yeah your 2 12's are going to be 18 bucks, but postage is going to be another 18.

Anyway.. I hate the usps.

it's ccol when you open a package and find some free poster or cd!

so i sent that guy an email asking him if the shipping costs arent a bit too high:

"Hi, I received the info for paying for the record yesterday, but... isn't 25 dollars for shipping a little too much? Please let me know...Bye and thanks!"

and this is the answer:

"that is why i did not advertise for shipping international. It costs alot. But that record is worth alot more then $10."

International shipping aint' that expansive, and I guess I'm not gonna pay that ridicolous amount for shipping. If that record was sold for ten bucks, it means it's worth (about) ten bucks.

I have a word doc on my computer with average weights of packages I ship, so I just go to www.canadapost.com and get a rate.

I charge $15 for shipping an LP to Europe/Australia because it costs me $15.50. I hate nickel and diming people for that kind of stuff so I usually just round to the closest whole number.

so, I asked him about the shipping costs:

"Hi, I received the info for paying for the record yesterday, but... isn't 25 dollars for shipping a little too much? Please let me know...Bye and thanks!"

and this is the answer:

"that is why i did not advertise for shipping international. It costs alot. But that record is worth alot more then $10."