Let Them Know BYO Records 25th Anniv 2xLP boxset

Guest admin1338560633

Guest Admin

[image]

V/A - Let Them Know: The Story Of Youth Brigade And BYO Records 2XLP BOX SET PRE-ORDER

http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vinylhome/Items/BYO125-1

I am super excited to announce the pre-order for Let Them Know: The Story Of Youth Brigade And BYO Records, the 2XLP BOX SET. The Box Set spans BYO's long, rich history with a Full length DVD documentary film; a 100 page Coffee Table Book featuring stories, snippets, anecdotes, and rare, intimate photos over the past 25 years; and a double LP on colored vinyl w/ Bonus CD version featuring 31 exclusive recordings of classic songs by such acts as American Steel, 7 Seconds, Bouncing Souls, The Briefs, Dropkick Murphys, In the Red, Lagwagon, Leatherface, Matt Skiba, NOFX, Nothington, Off With Their Heads, Pennywise, Youth Brigade and others.

As you can see from the packaging, this release is worth the fairly high-price tag. I can't wait to see how this all turns out; I can't even imagine the process involved in putting this all together.

I highly encourage you to pick up this release; BYO has left such a huge mark on independent music. Without them, who knows where bands like 7 Seconds and Bouncing Souls would have ended up. I still remember when I first started my fanzine, Suburban Home, back in 1995, BYO were the first label to send me promos. I believe they sent me a Jughead's Revenge album and I remember the excitement that a label thought enough to send us a promo package. Years later when I was working at Hopeless, I had the opportunity to meet the Stern brothers who own BYO and are in Youth Brigade. They had organized a Punk Rock Bowling League and I used to bowl every Monday night with them and folks from Epitaph, Liberation, Drive Thru, Creativeman, and others. After each session, I would end up having beers late night with Mark and Shawn and always had lots to talk about. Years after I left Los Angeles, I went to my first Punk Rock Bowling Tournament (the 2nd one held in Vegas) and have gone for 10 years straight (BYO organizes this yearly event). I see the Sterns at least once a year at that tournament and every few years, they play in Denver with Youth Brigade and always put out a great show. Actually, the last time Youth Brigade, played in Denver, Shawn had just had a hernia operation, but you wouldn't know it; he played as if nothing was wrong. I could go on and on about the Sterns, BYO, and Youth Brigade, but let me just end by saying that they are some of the good guys in independent music and if anything from this release interests you, I highly recommend you pick it up. So excited to see this documentary and listen to all the covers. I can vouch that In the Red's Leatherface cover is fantastic.

We should have copies in by September 22nd.

Anyone know what track Leatherface do?

I got a press release for this a few weeks ago with the track listing (I have no fucking clue where it is now), but I'm pretty sure it's the version of "doublewhiskeycokenoice" on Frankie Stubbs' myspace page, just attributed to Leatherface.

This definitely looks awesome, but I don't know when I'm gonna have the money for it. Someday though!