Are these records worth anything?

v/a - Music Does A Body Good LP (Lifetime, Bouncing Souls, Ensign...)

http://deadformat.net/press/3305

v/a - Punk TV LP (Cap'n Jazz, Braid, LTJ, Christie Front Drive)

Hugenots/Seven Percent Solution - Split 10" (Black)

Picked them up at Encore in Ann Arbor, MI this week...great store...extremely neglected punk/hardcore section though.

Picked them up at Encore in Ann Arbor, MI this week...great store...extremely neglected punk/hardcore section though.

What do you mean by "neglected?" The records are destroyed? Not enough stock?

What do you mean by "neglected?" The records are destroyed? Not enough stock?

I won't presume to know what he means, but I will say there's not much there and it's a bitch and a half to look through the way the shelves are set up.

Yeah that place has a ridiculous selection for every kind of music you could ever imagine, but the indie/punk section is one of the smallest sections. It's right up front, there are records piled horizontally on top of vertically shelved records, records on the floor, and then when you turn to the right there is a tall shelf that has more than the rack next to it, and is IMPOSSIBLE to look through. Can't believe I had the patience to dig through it. They did have awesome old issues of Maximum R&R though, which were cool to see.

I'll probably toss these up on ebay and see what happens. I'll just put RARE and OOP everywhere and someone will shit their pants for them...

Yeah that place has a ridiculous selection for every kind of music you could ever imagine, but the indie/punk section is one of the smallest sections. It's right up front, there are records piled horizontally on top of vertically shelved records, records on the floor, and then when you turn to the right there is a tall shelf that has more than the rack next to it, and is IMPOSSIBLE to look through. Can't believe I had the patience to dig through it. They did have awesome old issues of Maximum R&R though, which were cool to see.

I'll probably toss these up on ebay and see what happens. I'll just put RARE and OOP everywhere and someone will shit their pants for them...

i stood at that exact same place and strained to look at the slim pickings. hell, I walked around for ten minutes then had to ASK where the punk/indie section was it was four small rows at the very front entrance at the store.

ZERO good indie record shops in Southeast Michigan (that I know of, and i've spent time looking. not much though, im a busy busy man.)

for some reason, this makes you come across like a massive douche bag.

for some reason, this makes you come across like a massive douche bag.

Yeah...a bit. I assure you I am not. It was a small joke.

those records are carefully stored too...

Hmm...I've found like half of the ridiculously rare things I own in this store. I've probably bought between 2-300 records there over the last 12 years. Maybe we're not looking for the same stuff....

oh they have an AMAZING overall selection, wish they had a bigger store though. i was just saying their punk/indie section was lacking. but i've found some amazing jazz and some rare comedy albums there.

underground sound right down the street doesn't have too shabby of a selection.

say whaa? never heard of this place, do they have a website or do you know the cross streets where it's at?

and BTW you may be my new BFF. FYI.

I can't think of the street but underground sounds is down by like Sam's (the clothing place) near the earthen jar.

Yeah, Underground Sounds is just like 2 blocks up from Encore. Matt is a really good dude and there's a bunch of decent shit in there. His prices are as good as I've found in any brick and mortar store. 2 weeks ago a friend and I were both able to score a copy of Call of the Mastodon there, and I found Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and Enter by Russian Circles.

I've been to a ton of stores in a lot of places and as far as shops that sell new records, Underground Sounds is as good as any. The owner would be glad to fill you in on what other stores nearby are really good.

whats the status on the punk tv lp. did it come with a 7 inch? is it for sale?

Nah. Through some searching I did find out it came with a bonus 7" with Propagandhi and some other bands...but was not included with this copy. I bought it used...which explains it. I definitely would get rid of it though if you want it.