i want to somehow press the jazz june's medicine

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

distribution: as i am in canada, and shipping is rapery, the finished product would have to go to one of the main contributors' houses and they would have to take care of shipping. believe me, if i could, i would love too. but it would be impossible to break even if i shipped them from toronto with our crazy rates.

If you want, you can have them shipped to Sit And Spin Records in Buffalo and pick them up rather than have to pay shipping to Canada and the fees associated with that. Shipping from slightly across the border will save $$$.

this is a good idea, except i'm worried about shipping out of canada to people that buy the record in the states.

If anyone is interested in an update on this thread. I have recoverd the plates for the 2xLP. It looks like I will be passing them onto Skittlesophrenia this weekend if everything works out. It will be cool to see this record come out since I shit the bed and closed up shop before we put this together. It was close I had the test press done and art work had been processed and alls it needed was the green light from us. We also where in the middle of a member of things which never came out under Workshop but that's the way she goes. I hope people will be into these because it was a really good record.

details still have to be worked out. i still need a quote of the prices for the best pressing plant, i'll try to figure that out very shortly. once i find out the pricing, i have to work out how many people i'll need to help get this off the ground. but i would like them to be on blue and hand-numbered if we can shawing it.

yeah dude, with the plates in your hand, you just cut out almost 1000 bucks off of your initiall cost. If there were 2 different ones for each LP.

I would suggest Pirates Press, They are cheaper than United, and can supply jackets etc, for pretty damn cheap.

Also I would press 3-500, if you have to get a repress, it would be around the same price per unit.

You may want to get someone to thoroughly test those plates as well. A lot of companies wont accept them unless they are perfect.

this sounds really awesome!, best of luck on this, and I too would be more than willing to carry a bunch of copies.

;D

I listened to this band after reading this thread and while I can't say I enjoy it at all I still think it's amazing that you're getting the opportunity to do this. Pretty much everyone on this board has thought about putting out a record but 99 times out of 100 it doesn't pan out and you have a lot of the hard work done only a few days after posting this thread.

Kudos to you, I hope you can get this out.

Awesome, man! Talk about getting things accomplished... That was quick!

i can take zero credit for this, it was all mike.

i was just watching the scars to prove it dvd... and thought of this thread and how awesome this is going to be. i'm actually staring at my medicine poster at the wall. also, i know i've been pm'ing you a lot and i'm sorry, but it's really exciting to me and i'm sure there's enough of us to help out (financially or whatnot) in this great endeavor.

another update, because many of you have expressed ongoing interest...

i have emailed initial records again because it's been a couple of weeks and i haven't heard back yet. i have also emailed a pressing plant here in toronto for some pricing.

hang in there guys, as soon as i (hopefully) get the go-ahead from initial and find out the exact prices, this thing will hopefully takeoff.

• 2 months later...