Pulley - Time-Insensitive Material

mclz

A vinyl release has been announced for the recent EP from Pulley, Time-Insensitive Material. When's Lunch Records will be releasing the LP as a 12" record and interestingly enough, each side of the record will feature the entire EP, but at different speeds — Side A will play at 33 RPM while Side B will play at 45 RPM.

An October release is expected for the record.

After releasing five full lengths on Epitath Records, a split EP with NY's The Slackers, contributing songs to countless compilations and, most recently sharing their story in their "behind the music" style DVD, Pulley are back with their sixth release. The Album was only released on Digital and CD formats, until now! When's Lunch is excited to be releasing this album on vinyl format! This album will be limited to a one time pressing of 500 Lego Space Green LP's and we have no plans to re-press this! Get them while you can!

Really cool that its gonna be 2 speeds

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of dig the idea, but seems like a big waste of money for me to buy this when it could fit on a single 7". Just a waste of material in general. May grab it if the price is reasonable and by reasonable for a 5 song EP is $8 or less. Just not sure why I keep seeing labels put out records on LP's when it could easily fit on something smaller(10", 8", 7"), making it cheaper for people in the long run.

Whatever, glad to see it's getting pressed regardless.

• 2 weeks later...
I kind of dig the idea, but seems like a big waste of money for me to buy this when it could fit on a single 7". Just a waste of material in general. May grab it if the price is reasonable and by reasonable for a 5 song EP is $8 or less. Just not sure why I keep seeing labels put out records on LP's when it could easily fit on something smaller(10", 8", 7"), making it cheaper for people in the long run.

Whatever, glad to see it's getting pressed regardless.

i thought 10 inches cost more then 12 inches because it's just a 12inch that's pressed then they have to cut off 2 inches.

From the horses mouth, or mine I guess

It sounded horrible on a 7 inch, and we want people to have a good experience and great sound, so was supposed to be on a 10 inch but no press wanted to really do it / the only press who would wanted the same price and a little more then on a 12 inch. (and who wants to pay 11.75 for a 10 inch?)

Each side is 16.5 minutes in length, the side that spins at 45 rpm sounds AMAZING!

If you pre-order it off our site, you will get it before the online retailers if any get it and they are moving quickly.

It's cheaper for us to ship these to the United States then in our own country believe it or not, but thats how things go here.

Also pre-order it from us and have a chance at a 1 of 5 test press.

- Colleen

Yes, we also didn't wanna cut a song.

you could have done a one sided LP and saved a couple hundred dollars though...on the lacquer and plating.

Could have, but then who would really pay 11.75 for a A side the savings where minimal so we decided to do this.

We just thought it would be wicked awesome!

you could have done a one sided LP and saved a couple hundred dollars though...on the lacquer and plating.

Could have, but then who would really pay 11.75 for a A side the savings where minimal so we decided to do this.

The issue come down to it this financial market paying $20 for an EP is not a good a value as paying $20 ppd for a 2xLP

then you charge less for it...because it costs less to manufacture it...

(unless you had a crazy licensing charge to do this

...and it was already long recorded...so recording costs shouldn't have been an issue)

...and then people might buy other releases to offset the shipping?

When Scott Radinsky was on the White Sox he was my favorite pitcher.