ATTN: Loki's wife (or other tattoo experts)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me this person has access to sterilization equipment and is a professional. The number of "friends" who are willing to put people's health at risk is crazy. Please understand a tattoo is a fresh open wound. Would you want it in a clean studio or your kitchen?

haha, oh no, he's a professional. he's working out of a shop, but he just comes over sometimes to tattoo me at home since i don't have a car, and we watch movies and bullshit during that time. he totally goes by the book.. cleans everything beforehand, changes his gloves out several times, and covers his machine too. i just don't like when he fucks with me and digs into an area where i'm not getting tattooed on purpose and when i'm not paying attention..lol i have had many random dots on me for a while.

i use to work at a shop so i totally understand your concern. I've done just about everything from cleaning tubes, making needles, etc etc. And i've gotten chewed out before for on many occasions for slight stuff that most would take for granted. which if people knew would scare the bejezus out of most people. people don't realize the shit tattoo artists have to do to not cross contaminate an area. I'll say one thing. i love statim autoclaves far more than traditional...

below is a pic of my one and only tattoo

[image]

;D;)

im still a little confused. i was about to tell you how i loved your belt!

and we call those marks your referring to "party dots". ive never given someone one, but my boss has on a couple friends and family. people that would see the humor in it. most of the time its a color you can't really see anyway, or just water for the sake of freaking someone out.

he was tattooing a friend of ours one time with a silhoette of a naked lady on the ribs. the dude was being a huuuuge baby about it and my boss didnt think he was going to let him finish, so he shaded in a smiley face and breasts inside the silhoette so the guy had to either finish or have that one him until he came back. heh.

again. NOT on normal customers...

just got back from work and read everything to catch up.

emily, thanks for the explanations. i guess it's good that i planned ahead and made this thread now so i can save up enough to get a tattoo at a parlor. everybody who voted anything other than "something michael jordan related" i'm pretty disappointed in you.

have you seen my username? have you seen my sig? hell, i even answered casey's question. the dude's been retired from basketball for 6 years (and hasn't played in chicago for 11) and i'm still crazy obsessed with him in an unhealthy way. i know, obviously i've got my love for alkaline trio, too, but MJ = 23, so for that day, there is no choice but to get michael jordan's jumpman logo as a tattoo.

[image]

hey Mike, wheres this dude Guy at in Michigan? i'm going there tomorrow and if its the general vicinity i may check it out.

actually i don't know what i was thinking. .the dude is in ILLINOIS. Creal Springs,

Guy doesn't tattoo a whole lot anymore. He is into painting right now more than anything. If you can actually get him to work on you, it's about $200 an hour, it has to be an extremely large piece and you have to sit for 8 hours a day.

I've been to his shop probably 20 times and I've never actually seen him in there, just the other artists renting rooms and the tattoo removal guy. He's got a bunch of gigantic paintings hanging on the walls. I can't even imagine how long something like that takes.

yeah, sammy, i know exactly what you're getting at. i've played around with literally hundreds of drawings over the past 15 years. and all of them i think are cool at first, and then three weeks later i don't get what was so cool about it.

the jumpman logo is something i know for sure i won't regret having on my body forever.

yeah, sammy, i know exactly what you're getting at. i've played around with literally hundreds of drawings over the past 15 years. and all of them i think are cool at first, and then three weeks later i don't get what was so cool about it.

the jumpman logo is something i know for sure i won't regret having on my body forever.

Sweet man, where are you planning to place it?

and also, yeah, the size does play a role in my decision. i used to have a drawing made up that incorporated the jumpman logo, the heart (without the skull) from alkaline trio's logo, the number 7 in roman numerals (it's my favorite/lucky number and has been since literally the day i was born... tons of weird coincidences with my literaly BIRTHday and the number 7 and then things throughout my childhood) and a star. but to get detailed enough that you would know what everything was, the size was going to have to be bigger than i wanted to get/pay for.

i'm probably going to end up with 3 tattoos or so before it's all said and done, but they're all going to be small pieces that can be easily hid. to me, my tattoos are going to be for me, not for everybody else. not like i'll be ashamed of them, but they're just going to be things that mean a lot to me, and frankly i don't care whether other people like them/don't like them/see them/can't see them/etc.

i really have always had a fascination with tattoos and i've always thought about writing a book about athletes and their tattoos (it would be a coffee table book with full-page photos of the tattoos, and then the athlete would describe what it is, what it means to him, when he got it, etc.). i absolutely love looking at other peoples' tattoos, but for me, knowing that they're on my body will be enough.

also, i'm not breaking any new ground with any of them. it's not like i want somebody creating a mural to put on my body. they're all going to be designs that have already been made, and all black ink. i love color tattoos on some people, but it's just not my thing. i want to keep them simple and clean looking.

i don't knock anybody's tattoos because if it's what they want and there's a good story behind it, i think that's what matters most. but i know what i like and what i would want to have on my body forever, and that's why i'm going with simplicity.

that's the issue right now... i can't decide where i want it. i think i'll probably end up putting it on my right shoulderblade, but i don't want to be "that guy" so i'm not 100% on that yet. honestly, the decision on where to put my tattoo has held me up for much longer than what to actually get. in the original post, i said i've wanted a tattoo since i was 8 years old. i wasn't kidding. i've known since michael jordan came back from retirement the first time that i was going to get the jumpman logo tattooed on my body in some capacity before i died.

for a few years, i had this design in mind:

[image]

but i have since come to my senses and taken out the miami heat logo, haha.

then, for a few years, i was playing around with these images (like i said just a second ago), but could never find a way to put them all together that i really loved. this is the last version i came up with before i gave up and decided that it wasn't meant to be:

[image]

i think what i'm going to end up doing is getting the heartskull (minus the skull) done over my actual heart, and then i'll get the number 7 in roman numerals done on the inside of my left wrist.

that's at least what i have in mind now, and the way i've had it for a couple years now.

it's just the jumpman logo that i can't decide where to place.

i agree. i was like 12-15 when i wanted him inside the miami heat logo, so i didn't know shit about fuck back then (like i do now... ::))

and i also think that with the star/heartskull/VII, every image has a little bit taken away from it by being surrounded by the others (at least the way i had it drawn up). that's why i am going to get them all separately, so each one stands on its own.