Has Anyone Ever Had To Take Levaquin?

So, about a week ago my doctor prescribed me the antibiotic Levaquin. All I was really told was that it's a pretty strong antibiotic... Everything was fine for the first week or so, but about two days ago I started feeling sort of shitty. After a little research, I found out that this particular antibiotic has been know to have some really serious side effects including tendon and joint problems... It's got me sort of freaked about finishing the prescription; calling the doctor back today. Anyone here have any experiences or know anyone who's been prescribed this stuff? Thanks...

My soon to be ex-father-in-law is a Doctor.

I rarely take medecine, but well over a year ago I was ill and he prescribed me Levaquin. My soon to be ex-wife has taken it several times. No ill effects at all.

Like I said, I rarely take medecine. I've only taken antibiotics a handful of times ever. I never pay attention to any of that side effect nonsense. I think a lot of people psych themselves out about it.

Mind over matter.

I would say the likelihood is whatever you're taking the Levaquin for is more serious than, in all likelihood, temporary tendon damage.

there's no such thing as temporary tendon damage. the only way to reapair tendons and ligaments is with surgery, they don't heal on their own. once you hurt a tendon or ligament they're never the same again.

I would say the likelihood is whatever you're taking the Levaquin for is more serious than, in all likelihood, temporary tendon damage.

there's no such thing as temporary tendon damage. the only way to reapair tendons and ligaments is with surgery, they don't heal on their own. once you hurt a tendon or ligament they're never the same again.

That is simply untrue. In high school I tore one of the tendons in my ankle to point where the doctor said if it had torn anymore it would have completely severed. It healed with a brace in about two weeks.

Also, I cut through the tendons in two of my fingers to the point where they were unusable at first, and they've healed on their own over the last couple years to where one finger is completely normal, and the other is only slightly less functional.

Also, something to consider with medical side effects. When they do the trials on medications they have to list any side effect that any patient in the trial mentions, so it is possible for side effects that are listed to be completely unrelated to the medication. At least this is what I've been told.