Someone broke into my car! Wooo!

And stole my iPod!!! YAY. I've been out almost every day, and the one day that I'm home sick, (getting all sorts of other bad news too) someone breaks in while I'm parked in front of my house. I also don't have any of the music backed up because my computer was stolen a while back also (from my apartment, which was also fantastic). I guess this happens to everybody, but I'm just pissed off because this is the second time someone's broken into my car since February (although last time was near USC). And sorry for bitching, but I was about to post regarding something else when my dad told me.

Guest kissthesharks

My car was broken into last week. They stole my broken stereo that I had on the floorboard. The best part is that they didn't take the faceplate, which was in the seat. The cop honestly knocked on my door and said "dude, your door is open. Come see if anything is missing."

My car was stolen last October with my iPod in it. They found my car a week later, sans iPod. In April, I got a call from a cop saying they'd recovered my iPod and the dude who stole it hadn't formatted it or anything. Still had my name programmed into it, had some of my wedding pictures on it, and the funny thing was that the guy had been listening to The Descendents (Enjoy! was in Now Playing, and was not when I last used it). I just wiped it down with some alcohol swabs and was good to go!

So the moral of the story is, don't lose faith. It's a terrible feeling to have it stolen, but you may see it again one day.

it sucks. happened to me twice in about a year. 1st time they got my cd player, 2 books of cds, check book, like 20 bucks cash, portable dvd player and all my change.

2nd time i think it was kids cause all they took was cologne and my fancy ass knife my dead grandpa gave me and all my change.

Both times i felt soooo fucking violated that some fucking pieces of shit got into my space. When they stole the knife, that hurt more than all the shit they stole the 1st time.

Fucking animals!

I was worried about that for a long time about my car...I live in some shitty apts. and I had put over $1000 into a system over a year ago. (no car alarm) I always turn it down well before I get to the apts. But had no problems...actually somewhat lost that paranoia...TILL NOW!! Shit!

My bro got his car broke into 2x in a year...for a shitty stereo, both times broke his window...That's bullshit.

it sucks. happened to me twice in about a year. 1st time they got my cd player, 2 books of cds, check book, like 20 bucks cash, portable dvd player and all my change.

2nd time i think it was kids cause all they took was cologne and my fancy ass knife my dead grandpa gave me and all my change.

Both times i felt soooo fucking violated that some fucking pieces of shit got into my space. When they stole the knife, that hurt more than all the shit they stole the 1st time.

Fucking animals!

That is horrible. I know how you feel because last time my car got broken into, I had $1000+ worth of shit in it (overnight bag with clothes, makeup, medication, my favorite pair of jeans that I cannot seem to track down again, etc.) as well as the shit that you can't replace... like a necklace from my grandmother (also deceased) and my two favorite vintage shirts that my mom gave me that were hers... so some sentimental stuff. They even took my ankle brace for my bad foot. It was also raining that night so my car got all wet and mildewy when it was hot the next day. Fucking animals indeed.