Hopesfall - No Wings to Speak Of coming to vinyl

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.onedaysavior.com/news/

November 04, 2007

Sorry for the lack of updates. The Hopesfall 10" is currently in production. The artwork is ready and waiting at the plant however the vinyl is taking a bit longer than I had originally planned. I should have the test shortly so it appears as though the record will be released in early December. The record will be pressed on 2 colors (light blue & light green) and will be limited to only one pressing of 1000 copies. Preorders will be posted the week of the 18th.

no sign of the pre-orders just yet, however.

i'm definitely excited for this. as for the satellite years, i held a copy once in this shitty little record store that closed up shop a while ago. but i didn't buy it since it was $20 something. if i saw it today, i would definitely get it.

QUICK UPDATE:

November 27, 2007

I wish I had more news to report on the vinyl. Its taking quite a bit of time though its no fault of the pressing plant. I am just super swamped with my day job which has had me out of town for nearly the last two weeks. I don't want to put up a pre-order and have everyone wait extra time simply because it wouldn't be fair. So just keep checking back for updates and I promise I will try to get an update in at least once a week. I have received a number of emails asking about test presses (I have no idea why people want these things so badly!) however I have decided that rather than sell them I am going to give away 2 copies of the test pressings with handmade covers. So yes, thats 2/4 or 2/2 if you count the covers! The rules are simple, if you pre-order the 10" you are eligible to win a test press, the more copies you order the more times you name gets entered to be selected. Its going to be done fairly so don't email me and offer money to be selected or whatever.

(i offered n00dz, no luck)

• 2 weeks later...

another quick update:

December 09, 2007

As promised here is a weekly update on the Hopesfall vinyl. The record is being mastered by Aardvark, which means the test presses should be here shortly. The artwork is sitting on the floor at Erika Records courtesy of the fine folks at Imprint. I have a friend finishing up the artwork for the labels since the original designer who (re)layed out the record for vinyl format decided to up and disappear without sending them to me. (thanks btw) So we are getting closer, but with the holidays coming soon I assume that the progress will slow down some.

i just want to say that i think it's awesome that we are getting updates from the label constantly. other (unorganized or inexperienced) labels should take note.

• 4 weeks later...

December 31, 2007

This afternoon the Hopesfall test presses arrived. I am going to launching a new site soon (thanks to Adam at Atrocity) Preorders will now be up as soon as the new site is ready.

[image][image]

In other news, I have some eBay postings up now to help pay for some of the extra expenses that have come up with the Hopesfall 10". Aside from some records frommy personal collection I will be posting rare One Day Savior items as well. There is currently a Hopesfall TEST PRESS from The Satellite Years release up there now, other test presses and hard to find items will follow this week. Take a look here: eBay Link Unfortunately there is a certain label out there who owes me a considerable amount of money but continues to write and say next week. Awesome. Oh yeah, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

• 2 weeks later...
you know I've never listened to this from begining to end. I'll probably should grab this when it goes up.

you're missing out, seriously.

It just one of those records that you weren't around for when it hit but later on you fal in love with it. Hopefully it'll be out soon so I can listen to it.

latest update:::::

January 13, 2008

All the final components are now at the plant for the Hopesfall 10". Everything is now in the hands of the folks at Erika Records. The tests sound awesome and its a clear reason why this release needed to be on vinyl. Give it another 2 to 3 weeks (which is just my guess) before we have the final copies. Preorders WILL BE posted tomorrow evening along with the pressing information.

This means that the pre-order goes up tonight. BITCHIN!