New vinyl auction site and community UPDATED 10-4!

nickmango

sounds like a really cool idea.

One thing that i'd like to see is a "reviews" forum section. I'm really surprised that no forums (to my knowledge) have anything like it where users can review sound quality of albums / differences in sound between pressings / etc.

I just wanted to comment on the Mason Proper avatar. Nice! They opened for Damiera last time they were in Buffalo and were rad as the dickens and the record is awesome!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like a really cool idea.

One thing that i'd like to see is a "reviews" forum section. I'm really surprised that no forums (to my knowledge) have anything like it where users can review sound quality of albums / differences in sound between pressings / etc.

I just wanted to comment on the Mason Proper avatar. Nice! They opened for Damiera last time they were in Buffalo and were rad as the dickens and the record is awesome!

I hoping that they put that album out on vinyl - it's so good. I'd love to see them live, but they haven't come through Minneapolis since I've discovered them

OK first step has been completed. We now have a simple blog setup at Blogger http://bit.ly/1aAp59

the preview link forwards to the blog as well now. Video screencasts should be up later this evening. First one is going to be the Auction Search Results page. Very cool search feature in there that I'm super excited to explain. Thanks!

I have completed and posted the first screencast to the LP blog. http://bit.ly/UPBSY

Let us know what you think. Thanks!

Looks amazing man!

How about adding syndication for auctions so we can follow bands, genres, type of auction (music, paper, etc.) when we aren't on the site/don't have a browser open? If there is a way to do it, have updates on auctions you are watching or bidding syndicated as well?

I have completed and posted the first screencast to the LP blog. http://bit.ly/UPBSY

Let us know what you think. Thanks!

Looks amazing man!

How about adding syndication for auctions so we can follow bands, genres, type of auction (music, paper, etc.) when we aren't on the site/don't have a browser open? If there is a way to do it, have updates on auctions you are watching or bidding syndicated as well?

Like saved searches/alerts? Meaning if a band comes up that you have an alert for you get an email? This will be done yes. That's an absolute have to have for me. I want to know anytime certain bands come up. And that "filter by band name" feature is a HUGE part of that. First we need to know the exact band that's being auctioned, then alerts for bands work perfectly. Never ever miss another auction. That's my goal.

it is! I get an "urgh!" feeling.

Hmm, how about a corresponding iPhone/BB app?!!

That would be awesome!

I was thinking of that also when you mentioned RSS feeds. That would indeed be awesome.

But at this point...and I'm sure Nick can step in....it's one step at a time. I'm pretty excited to see the outcome of this project...even more so being involved helping Nick and his brother Tom.

I'm happy for Nick and Tom that this is getting A LOT of positive reponses...here and over @ DF.

;D

Hmm, how about a corresponding iPhone/BB app?!!

That would be awesome!

We're not sure exactly when we can tackle native apps just yet. But after we leave beta (of course, we have to actually open the beta first haha), I'll start working on the mobile web version of the site while continuing to roll out new features on the main site. The plan is *definitely* to have a fully functional mobile version of the entire site. It will be tailored to the iPhone, but should work well in any decent mobile browser.

But at this point...and I'm sure Nick can step in....it's one step at a time.

We will absolutely be taking things one step at a time, but it's been really great to get feedback from everyone over the past few days because it helps us prioritize our roadmap better.

The plan going forward to release frequent, incremental updates to the site. The major stuff is already done and you can expect niceties, like RSS feeds, to make their way into the site during the beta phase (and of course after we publicly launch). I expect a lot of these types of things to be done based on suggestions from the community.

I'm pretty excited to see the outcome of this project...even more so being involved helping Nick and his brother Tom.

And we are both really happy to have your help and input on the project!