Run For Cover Records Email?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any update on their shadiness ?

I supposedly had my package shipped last week. However, that is the 5th time he said "it shipped out a few days ago" so I'm not taking any bets. Also, he said he sent me another Death Is Not Glamorous shirt because the one I ordered 4 months ago he didn't have anymore. So he sends me a different shirt that I didn't order and could've told me the 10 or so times I've emailed him before. He sent me extras though. Even if I do get my package I'm never in a million fucking light years ordering from this guy again.

hey jon can i ask which email address were you able to receive his lying from as he hasnt answered me yet . You there is nothing worse then someone lying about shit like this . dude we all mess up , slack ect just be honest about it although it seems this is routine not the exception .

hey jon can i ask which email address were you able to receive his lying from as he hasnt answered me yet . You there is nothing worse then someone lying about shit like this . dude we all mess up , slack ect just be honest about it although it seems this is routine not the exception .

I just emailed him on the "Contact Us" button from the store. My mom said a package showed up at home the other day and that's the only thing I'm waiting for, so I'll have to check it out. It's just a bunch of BS though. I'm never ordering from him again. He seems like a nice enough guy, albeit one who lies a lot and seems way too busy to be running a label by himself.

i remember years ago when sinking ships were touring on that meridian CD/7" they (not really maliciously, but in a humorous way) talked shit about the RFC guy on stage because they were selling self-burned CDrs of their songs at the show because they couldn't get a hold of him before they left for tour to get any music to bring with them...and that was probably 5 years ago...so some things never change, I guess.

virgil said that they would be carrying run for cover releases but i don't think he said they would take over their webstore, but if he indeed said that, it would be a great idea.

oh and i still haven't receive my order from rfc, it's going to be 6 months now. he said about 3-4 times the order got ship but never got it, and sent him another e-mail (sent about 10 since the beginning) about a month ago, still no response. don't know what is happening with the records, this just gets more awesome, i love it :)

Email me! Sometimes stuff goes to spam, although rarely, and I really do my best to answer every email. I do mailorder EVERY DAY so just make me aware of your issue and I promise it will get fixed.

Dude who did the Fireworks LP art had his computer stolen and took a long time to re-do it. The records are coming in tomorrow, and jackets early next week. These should only take about 3-5 days to get every order out.

About Sinking Ships, Danny Hesketh personally has a problem with me. Andy Rice (drummer of SS) is one of my best friends and books for Run For Cover. I am also friends with everyone else in the band.

Please, everyone posting in this thread please email me. I've said this 1000 times but we send out 50-100 orders a month and have a problem with around 5% of them. Although you might think that number is high, it is really hard for me to be perfect while doing literally every aspect of a label with a lot of touring / active bands. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that no one sees, I work hard, and have absolutely no reason to want to rip people off. Please realize that you only see the people who don't get their stuff post about this, not the hundreds of people ordering who get their stuff within a few days.

To everyone claiming I am a bad person or saying personal things about me, just think about this. I don't hide from this stuff, I never have. No RFCs mailorder is not perfect, but its not for lack of effort. Please believe me if I could afford an office and pay a kid $400 a week to do it for me every single day I would, but its just not possible right now. Every label I can think of has had periods where their mailorder isn't great. I can't think of one label I like that is an exception, although I won't name names. I am working on trying to get this shit down perfect so we have no problems. In January a lot of things will be changing around (new webstore to start off with, we had a lot of problems with the database of our last store) and going into the new year my goal is to have no open or pending orders. Please email me if we have already talked and I will fix your problem.

mailorder and info email addresses are up and running, I had entered some stuff wrong with them. PLEASE email the mailorder address for mailorder issues. This is a step forward in making it easier for emails to not ever get looked over.

-jeff

About Sinking Ships, Danny Hesketh personally has a problem with me. Andy Rice (drummer of SS) is one of my best friends and books for Run For Cover. I am also friends with everyone else in the band.

for the record he did go out of the way to say "he loves you" and that's why he was saying that with the mic in his hand. ...but I can imagine being a band on tour with no music to sell could make you frustrated...this was before the Rev deal...and well that didnt seem to go so well either for them either, so...

for the record he did go out of the way to say "he loves you" and that's why he was saying that with the mic in his hand. ...but I can imagine being a band on tour with no music to sell could make you frustrated...this was before the Rev deal...and well that didnt seem to go so well either for them either, so...

I shouldn't even say Danny has a problem with me, because its not really like that. But thank you for explaining further.

What's funny is when his explanations actually make sense and no one can really argue the point. I think if I got a ton of orders a month it would be hard for me in the same way, no one helps me with my label. Now school and work occupy more time than I care for, though I attribute that mostly to work. I completely understand emails not working, sites crashing, orders going to the wrong addresses because of paypal accounts and what not. Shit happens, but it is very frustrating when your order gets messed up and you can't get a hold of anyone.

• 2 weeks later...