Sad or pathetic?...something else?

So tomorrow Girl Talk is performing in Bloomington, IN...not really a fan but thinking about going because it is free.... BUT an old acquaintance whos an indie kid turned dj is putting on the Girl Talk after party.

So I run into him this past weekend and asked him how he managed to not only perform at it but host it too and he told me "Well its just a party after the show, I mean I asked him to show up and he said he might." This is the same guy who posted a picture on his facebook profile of a screen caption of a myspace message that GT sent him in response to a question....

The guy used to be pretty solid, now he only worries about "spinning" and having his parties sponsored, sad in my opinion.

I think i get what your saying, and i think it's neither. Everyone finds different things important to them, as long as he is having fun who cares?

I don't like labeling people but Hipsters, or whatever you want to call them annoy me but i wouldn't spend anytime thinking about it, i mean i know a lot of people probably get annoyed with my drunken ramblings.

I don't like labeling people but Hipsters, or whatever you want to call them annoy me but i wouldn't spend anytime thinking about it, i mean i know a lot of people probably get annoyed with my drunken ramblings.

Drunken ramblings? Like that first post! But yea I understand, can't fault him for liking something new. I guess the thing that annoyed me the most was how quickly he went from one thing to the other, and claiming he loved dj'ing and rap the whole time. Oh well....now back to celebrating only one more semester of my undergraduate degree left ;D

I hear yah but at what point is it okay to claim to like something?

Well put...I guess if he would have mentioned liking Kid Cudi before the last six months or we listened to the occasional hip hop song in his car I wouldn't mind it so much. But it seemed like he was just like "oh by the way, I only listen to hip hop and electronica now."

I hear yah but at what point is it okay to claim to like something?

Well put...I guess if he would have mentioned liking Kid Cudi before the last six months or we listened to the occasional hip hop song in his car I wouldn't mind it so much. But it seemed like he was just like "oh by the way, I only listen to hip hop and electronica now."

I totally remember going through that phase punk/emo. Its a phase in getting really into a kind of music for sure and its damn annoying.

Funny bit there, on Feed the Animals, GT definitely mixes in a ton of classic rock and pop.

Drunken ramblings? Like that first post! But yea I understand, can't fault him for liking something new. I guess the thing that annoyed me the most was how quickly he went from one thing to the other, and claiming he loved dj'ing and rap the whole time. Oh well....now back to celebrating only one more semester of my undergraduate degree left ;D

Nah, i get you dude. I have loads of friends that deny 3/4 years of there life because NU Metal isn't as cool as they once thought. I just let them get on with it, and occasionally pull out old photos in front of there new partners just to watch them squirm!

most after parties dont have the main act perform. but the dude is probably just using everything as marketing to get people to go to his party. to hear him spin. to get him exposure. and eventually more gigs. so he can continue doing what he likes.

but go ahead and keep hatin and posting about it on the internet while he rakes in the mad scrilla!