New Orleans Trip this weekend any suggestions?

My lady and I are heading to New Orleans this weekend (Thursday-Monday) We have been a handful of times and are stoked for some Halloween VooDoo parties and a Hot Chip DJ set on Saturday night but thought I would see if anyone has record store/restaurant/excursion suggestions?

Thanks!

Go to Frenchman St on Saturday night after Voodoo. It gets incredibly packed and it's 100x better than shitty Bourbon. The bars are also much much better. This is first Voodoo on Halloween that I've been too so I imagine it'll be extra packed. There is also a rumor that Justice is doing a set at Club Ampersand after their set at Voodoo.

Check out Domino Sound Record Shack at 2557 Bayou Rd. It's in Midcity but it's a cool store. It's only a few miles drive from the Quater. The Iron Rail also has a good selection of DIY/Hardcore/Metal/Indie. It's at 511 Marigny St and that's walking distance from Esplande/Decatur st.

For food, eat at Crabby Jack's, Parkway for po-boys and Port Of Call for burgers. Jacque-Imos and Dick & Jenny's are great restaurants but it's kind of expensive.

Parkway - 538 Hagan Ave

Crabby Jack's - 428 Jefferson Hwy Jefferson, LA 70121-2515

Jacque Imos - 8324 Oak St

Dick & Jennys - 4501 Tchoupitoulas St

Port O Call - 838 Esplanade Ave

Also, Drink NOLA Brown Ale Beer and Abita Amber or Purp Haze beer.

These are some good shows this weekend:

Des Ark | Pygmy Lush | Ghastly City Sleep | Why Are We Building Such a Big Ship? | The Craft Brothers

Thursday, October 29. Side Arm Gallery. 7PM. $5. An Idea Like No Other

The Rebirth Brass Band | Big Sam's Funky Nation

Friday, October 30. Howlin Wolf. 10PM. Howlin Wolf Booking

The Rebirth/Big Sam show would probably be worth going too. Getting drunk at Brass Band shows are the best.

I'll be around so if you need help, have questions or whatever, PM and I can send you my number.

Spot on, avoid Bourbon St. like H1N1. Frenchmen Street is where its at. There's a place called Ray's Boom Boom Room on Frenchmen that always has great live music. There are some cool bars on Decatur St. downriver of Jackson Park.

Jacque-Imos is great for food, so is Mr B's on Royal, but is a bit expensive. I'm jealous now, I gotta get back to NOLA.

cafe du monde is a must. amazing beignets, hot chocolate, and coffee. go down to the riverwalk area at night, its really cool if the weather is nice. theres one record store near the river that ive been to, but it was way overpriced.

their beignets are so good. A must have when in new orleans

cafe du monde is a must. amazing beignets, hot chocolate, and coffee. go down to the riverwalk area at night, its really cool if the weather is nice. theres one record store near the river that ive been to, but it was way overpriced.

their beignets are so good. A must have when in new orleans

Don't wear dark clothes, you will get powdered sugar EVERYWHERE

I ate at a German place on Conti across from The Bombay Club the other day - Jaeger Haus. It was quite delicious, actually, and they have some good German beer. For three of us with 2 beers each, a Jaeger shot each, an appetizer each, and an entree each, it was $110 w/ 20% tip.

Not typical New Orleans fare, but it is October, after all.

Edit: we went to The Bombay Club after for a martini. Three martini's w/ tip came to $44 -- close to half of our entire meal above.

You can spend as much or as little as you want for food and libations here.

I actually wanna see Ghost Knife at that same show!

Off With Their Heads | Smalltown | The Rooks | Caddywhompus

Wednesday, November 4. Big Top. 7PM

The Underground Railroad to Candyland | The Opposable Thumbs

Wednesday, November 4. Circle Bar. 10PM.

Cheap Girls | Failure's Union | Rougarou

Thursday, November 5. Zeitgeist. 7PM

Take notice of the plants growing out of the tops of buildings and even trees. This is due to Formosan termite infestation. The city is riddled with them. Also, notice the trees in Jackson Square have tiny metal things sticking out of them. Honest to God, these are little listening stations that scientists put a stethoscope on to listen to the termites eating the trees. Almost everything in the city that is wooden is infested with Formosans. It's insane.

And when i was there, i ate at Commander's Palace. but that place is insane expensive.

pretty delicious though.

Commander's isn't that expensive...but I only go there for the Jazz Brunch on Sundays, so my exposure to their pricing is limited.

Commander's is one of the places that I'd say everyone needs to experience once in their life.

Expensive -- Restaurant August was probably the most expensive meal I've eaten in NOLA. There was 4 of us and the bill was pushing $1000 with tax and tip. The tip alone was more than I normally spend on a nice dinner for two and a bottle of decent wine.

The most expensive meal I've ever had was probably Burns in Tampa. For 6 of us the bill was over $2000. You can spend thousands of dollars just on wine and spirits alone. Thank god my former father-in-law is a doctor.