hoZac, Goner, Trouble in Mind: aka the best stuff!

cj

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do the releases you guys get come with special covers or inserts or anything like that?

theres a calgary band called Sharp Ends signed to hoZac and i think their 7" is part of the club.

mostly just curious, i dont even know if you've gotten it yet or not.

Their 7" isn't part of the club, it's just a regularly available one:

http://www.hozacrecords.com/

And not to speak for Andrew, but pretty much anything released on Douchemaster, Rob's House, HoZac, Trouble In Mind, Boom Chick, or Slovenly right now is pretty great. And those are just labels off the top of my head, all of them for the most part garage/lo-fi stuff.

I've found a good heads up for some of this stuff to be the Goner Records message board, I just browse it every once in a while to see if there's anything coming up.

And not to speak for Andrew, but pretty much anything released on Douchemaster, Rob's House, HoZac, Trouble In Mind, Boom Chick, or Slovenly right now is pretty great. And those are just labels off the top of my head, all of them for the most part garage/lo-fi stuff.

I've found a good heads up for some of this stuff to be the Goner Records message board, I just browse it every once in a while to see if there's anything coming up.

Trouble In Mind is putting out great stuff. That CoCoCoMa 7" is great.

Did you pick up the two new slovenly singles? The Spits and a.european band I forgot the name of. I browse the Terminal Boredom forum once a day to get up to speed on that stuff.

i want to be a part of this BADLY! hickey based on your posts i tihnk me and you have alot of the same interest band and record wise. Got anything your into right now?

I've been really geeking out on those Sing Sing reissues and the latest round of Douchemaster releases lately. I've also had kind of a thing for The Spits lately since that last album came out on Recess. If you haven't picked up the new CoCoCoMa LP on Goner...get that...ooh and the last Ty Segall LP Goner put out. Like Brett mentioned. Trouble In Mind has put out four great 7"ers (Sonic Chicken 4, Fresh & Onlys, CoCoCoMa and The White Wires) that are all scorchers...and there are four more TIM singles coming real soon.

this thread really took off in a good way. thanks for all the band recommendations too! there's a lot of good stuff to get into!

That's the problem. Sometimes it feels like so much good stuff.

thats a good thing!!!

i'm listening to ty segall right now and i love it... i cant thank you guys enough, it's going to be fun getting through everything for the next couple of weeks

That's the problem. Sometimes it feels like so much good stuff.

thats a good thing!!!

i'm listening to ty segall right now and i love it... i cant thank you guys enough, it's going to be fun getting through everything for the next couple of weeks

I kind of stumbled upon him and every thing I've heard by Ty Segall has been excellent.

I really like the ty segal LP alot. Way into the hex dispensers record and GG king 7". Will definitely check out cococoma and new spits record has not left my record player since i traded dave(lucky laquers) for a copy.

Send me your address ill send you a teenage kicks LP

The new Hex Dispensers is a ripper, but have you heard the first one? It's so good.

I hope to have the new crop of Dirtnap releases waiting at home for me today. I can't wait to spin that Goodnight Loving record. I've heard such good things.

I really like the ty segal LP alot. Way into the hex dispensers record and GG king 7". Will definitely check out cococoma and new spits record has not left my record player since i traded dave(lucky laquers) for a copy.

Send me your address ill send you a teenage kicks LP

The new Hex Dispensers is a ripper, but have you heard the first one? It's so good.

Agreed, I like the first one just a smidge more. Love the Devo cover on this one though. Also, their "Lose My Cool" 7" on Douchemaster is one of the best 7"s of all time, in my opinion.