hoZac, Goner, Trouble in Mind: aka the best stuff!

cj

Just listened to that White Wires LP, it's very very good.

Also, that Statues - "We're Disparate" 7" on House Party is one of the best I've heard in a while...definitely recommended.

And thirdly, for poppy garage, I highly recommend the Full Of Fancy - "Every Wall In The Parlor" 7".

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to that White Wires LP, it's very very good.

Also, that Statues - "We're Disparate" 7" on House Party is one of the best I've heard in a while...definitely recommended.

And thirdly, for poppy garage, I highly recommend the Full Of Fancy - "Every Wall In The Parlor" 7".

Full of fancy is so good

a band people need to check out is fergus and geronimo. It features Andrew Savage from Teenage Cool Kids and Jason Kelly from the Wax Museums. It's lo-fi, motownish, great melodies. They have three singles out on woodsist, transparent blog and tic tac totally.

Also that smith westerns lp on hozac came out of left field and is totally awesome.

Anyone want to look at my tradelist and shoot me some recommendations? I'd appreciate it.

a band people need to check out is fergus and geronimo. It features Andrew Savage from Teenage Cool Kids and Jason Kelly from the Wax Museums. It's lo-fi, motownish, great melodies. They have three singles out on woodsist, transparent blog and tic tac totally.

Also that smith westerns lp on hozac came out of left field and is totally awesome.

Anyone want to look at my tradelist and shoot me some recommendations? I'd appreciate it.

I haven't heard that LP yet, but the 7"s I've heard from Smith Westerns were great.

And, Aaron, Sneaky Pinks are fantastic. It's Nobunny's band. The Loner With A Boner single is really fun. I like it better than the other one, which is still great.

Just wanted to post about our upcoming batch of releases which we are expecting in about a week! When they come out for the first 24 hours or 100 mailorders (whichever comes first) we do a "Heap of Trouble" which will be $20.00 for all 4 of the new singles + a "special gift" We have a mailing list which gets notified 1 hr. before message boards and the like so just email troubleinmindrecs (at) gmail.com and thanks for the kind words!

TIM004: Charlie & The Moonhearts "Real Hot Breakers" b/w "My Love is Gone"

Just love these Orange County kooks and with this single Mikal, Roland and Charlie have outdone themselves. "Real Hot Breakers" is one of our favorite songs this year... With the punk edge of their Wizard Mountain recordings this surf-inflected pop gem has 3-part harmonies & a chorus that'll melt your heart. This baby promises to stay in your head for days and will make you want to grab your surf board and hit the beach pronto!

TIM006: Wheels on Fire "Bad Lie" b/w "Come On Judy"

Wheels on Fire are a great band that have records out on Big Legal Mess and have been covered by the likes of The River City Tanlines. We're psyched to get to put out this single that has TWO really fucking great tracks. Take a little Elvis Costello, pair it with some Reigning Sound and a dash of Stones and you may start to get the picture but, you won't understand the badassness 'til you take a listen... or 25.

TIM007: Tyler Jon Tyler "New England Street" b/w "Faster Than Light"

We are proud to release the debut single by Chicago's own Tyler Jon Tyler. We can assure you that no other band going sounds like TJT. With a Pony that has traded his drums to play bass upside down, Tom from Daily Void's intricate drum patterns and "new comer" Rebecca's sparse guitar and thoughtful lyrics, their skeletal "less-is-more" sound brings to mind bands like The Clean, Young Marble Giants, & maybe even the more introspective moments of the Minutemen. These songs evoke a time and a place and demand your attention. (Not too mention Ian Adams' Stylophone wizardry on the B-Side)

TIM008: Ty Segall "My Sunshine" b/w "Fuzzy Cat"

You may have heard Ty playing the excellent "My Sunshine" on his last tour and this track has the wunderkind getting in touch with his grunge-side (and we mean that in the most awesome way possible.) The B-Side "Fuzzy Cat" is a song with a secret (shh! we've said too much already) that indulges Segall's 'Anglo-philic' tendencies, channeling Roy Wood or Ray Davies' mad pop sensibilities thru his own hazy, reverb-drenched filter!

www.troubleinmindrecs.com

One more: I'm super stoked for the Coconut Coolouts 7" that Dirtnap has coming. I have two 7"s by them that are fantastic.

Definetly picking this up.

Do you have the new marked men single?

Which one? I have the new split on No Idea ordered. I think the last Marked Men 7" I bought was Fortune on Dirtnap.

Keep an eye on Rob's House Records, they have 3 releases "coming soon":

rhr056: Spencey Dude & The Doodles - coming soon

If I weren't an east coast man at heart San Francisco / Bay Area is definitely where I'd want to be as they seem to be the obvious forerunners for the 'best local scene' award. With acts like Nobunny, Hunx, Personal & The Pizzas, Rantouls, Ty Segall, Skipper, Buzzer, etc. etc. they've really been cranking out the hit singles lately. So here's another San Fran band to add to the list: Spencey Dude & The Doodles [website] !!! This, their debut release, contains four amazing pop songs so instantly contagious that we could have split them up over 2 singles and sold 'em like crack but we just couldn't wait to get these out. No worries, we've heard their other 'un-released' stuff and can safely say there's no load-blowing here. Expect many more hits from Spencey Dude. Recorded by Greg Ashley (Gris Gris) and including members of Gris Gris and Dutchess & The Duke. [700 pressed; black vinyl]

side a: flirting, if this feeling ends. side b: i won't cheat on you, girl crazy.

rhr055: Predator - coming soon

Predator's [website] roots can be traced back to a much earlier day of Atlanta punk when Douchemaster had just begun assembling its initial roster and Die Slaughterhaus was still run by Black Lips. At this time Brannon Greene and Mike "Bison" Beavers were just old enough to buy their own beer but were cranking out brilliant harcore punk under the name Frantic, a band that could have rivaled Carbonas if the circumstances were any different. They would also be a founding part of Beat Beat Beat, but in it's demise they would join forces with John Necro and summon up the same youthful attitudes and dark ingenuity they once nailed in Frantic. Within a few short months this trio has become forerunners in the Atlanta punk scene; and, not only is this 3-song e.p. a testement to that, its not the only card up their sleeves. Their LP (forth-coming on Douchemaster) is basically in the can and has a spot waiting for it on our year-end list. Until then, rob's house is pleased to wet your appetite with Predator's debut 7", mastered by Dave Rahn, with art by GG King (so you know its good!). [700 pressed; black vinyl]

side a: honest man. side b: d.l.d.d., no.

chewy001: Baby Shakes - coming soon

baby shakes [website] self released this amazing two song single for their '09 european tour and we're so stoked on it that we agreed to help them move the remaining copies. act now as there aren't too many left. [500 pressed; black vinyl]

side a: with you around. side b: too much time.