WTF is going on in Texas?

ihprstl

Everyone is dancing around the fact that this guy is clearly Muslim. Perhaps that's part of the reason he doesn't want to go to Iraq. There's also the other, more awful possibility that he's a terrorist. Who knows. My thoughts and prayers are with these folks and their families. Hope your buddy is ok idlehero.

I still find it amazing that people think that just because he's muslim means he could be a terrorist. I highly doubt you would have said that if he wasn't.

Obviously he wouldn't have said that if he wasn't. Are you aware of how things are in the world? Nobody is saying he's a terrorist (I mean, technically he is, but we're talking about the Taliban-types), but if you think it's an avenue that doesn't need to be looked into then you are very naive.

Did you even read what I said? Nobody is jumping to that conclusion, but the fucking guy just shot 40+ people on a military installation! All the bases have to be covered in the investigation. It would be ridiculous to not explore the fact that he is a Muslim, given how the world is.

Muslim aren't terrorists, some terrorists are Muslim. Vastly different thing people. The mass majority of Muslims - of which there are billions - abhor this behavior and are as targeted by terrorists just like "westerners." Bin Laden despises non-ultra orthodox Muslims just like he despises Americans and Israelis. Its one big group for him and his sheep.

As for this guy, it seems the military was keeping tabs on him as he was making posts to message boards defending suicide bombers. I kind it weird the military would know that, not a fan of pretty much spying on people but the military in this case was his employer so its not as bad in that regard.

If he was going to websites like that while at work, the military can see everything you are doing online. It's not a secret or anything, when you log onto a government computer you are acknowledging that your activities can/will be monitored. If he was defending suicide bombers that would be sending up pretty severe red flags.

I'm sure they were, but I'm not quite sure what they could do if he was just posting on websites like that. I mean, it would look inappropriate in the eyes of the Army, but it's not like they could really jail him or anything over something like that, unless he made posts talking about what he was going to do. I guess it just depends on what he was specifically talking about online.

Did you even read what I said? Nobody is jumping to that conclusion, but the fucking guy just shot 40+ people on a military installation! All the bases have to be covered in the investigation. It would be ridiculous to not explore the fact that he is a Muslim, given how the world is.

I was just referring to the article. You probably have far better input than I. But when I read the article I thought it odd that the islamic-american relations group or whatever had to say something. I mean, that's probably exactly what their job is, but I wish it wasn't a necessity to point that out to others. You're right, it doesn't matter how much you like things to be, sometimes the world is just fucked and it's worth it to look at it from all directions.

I was just referring to the article. You probably have far better input than I. But when I read the article I thought it odd that the islamic-american relations group or whatever had to say something. I mean, that's probably exactly what their job is, but I wish it wasn't a necessity to point that out to others. You're right, it doesn't matter how much you like things to be, sometimes the world is just fucked and it's worth it to look at it from all directions.

Oh, sorry man, my post was directed at the post above yours.